Old 06-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #11
You should be able to lift the front section up and then fold it downward toward the back section (like a tent) and then rest it against the back of the stove. The hinges should be on the top now. It does not fold back to the blinds, it just sits upright folded in half at the back of the stove. Sorry, I don't have a picture available.

dano50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:51 PM   #12
I have the same problem cover does not fold completely in half no matter which way you open it. I have picked it straight up and snapped it in place against the blind. I'm sure that's not right but it does get it out of the way. Would love to see a picture of how it should work

bbbeebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
Here are a couple of photos, first is the rear hinge at rear of stove top.

Second is middle hinge when unfolded.

Last two are fully closed and opened, the glass top does not fold all the way back...

The hinges should be under the glass sections when closed up, with only the top button/bolt going down thru the glass and then the hinge bracket, plastic bolt is underneath.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435429760214.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	81311   Click image for larger version

Name:	1435429820980.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	81312   Click image for larger version

Name:	1435429861363.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	81313   Click image for larger version

Name:	1435429877171.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	81314  
2014 Roo 23SS
2013 GM Sierra CC
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #14
Another adventure awaits!
Lift the bottom edge of cover, push towards middle of stove and it will bend ...does not fold back and over ...the front edge of the cover rests close to burners when open ...hope that helps... i tried to do the same thing as you did ...

Does not fold like the one Ón the post from jimŮchris above ...

If i knew how to post a pic on the forum i would
HESN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #15
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Mine folds fine and it's a Suburban like this one....but if I have any cutlery in the well behind the hinge at the back, it will interfere with it staying upright.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #16
Owner repair

Same problem here. Hinges were mounted upside down. I bent them before I realized the problem. Dealer ordered replacements, and I put them on properly.
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #17
Many of us are accustomed to the front section folding downward and the back section upward. Both sections on the Suburban glass tops fold upward (or toward the rear). Someone attempting to fold the sections the wrong way (because that's what they've always done) can bend the hinges so they won't work properly. Our local dealer has seen that more than once.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #18
Thanks everyone. We removed the hinges and the first section of the glass just so we can use the stove top
The hinges are all bend and not by us since we just picked up the trailer on Wednesday and today is the first time using it. I think they were installed to bend the wrong way. The logical way for this to work would be as jimandchris has posted. Either way I need new hinges. Just something else to add to the warranty repair list.
Missdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #19
Brought our new 2016 Rockwood home last week and we too had trouble with this. Couldn't remember WHICH way it was supposed to go!! Tweaked the hinges trying.... so we removed them (being careful to remember which way they went, as the photo shows!) Hubby took em to the vice and with a lil persuader he straightened them out!!

Then..... we figured out which way the "fold" should go, and it worked. The last of those photos is the picture worth a thousand words. The front half (near your tummy as you stand at stove with it covered) lifts all the way up and it folds completely backwards, so that wooden handle of that glass cover, is all the way in the back bottom.

Me thinks its got to be a VERY poor design.... Haha... I thought that, when "we" had trouble with it. After reading this thread... I know it is. GOOD LUCK!!
livinontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #20
Glad to know I was not alone in trying to figure this one out. Happy cooking, bent hinges and all. LOL

Missdenise is offline   Reply With Quote