Old 06-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #1

Glass stove top does not fold back

We just picked up our 2015 Rockwood on Wed. I am trying to keep open the glass stove top. There are hindges 1/3 of the way from the front. But it does not bend enough back nor front to fold back near the blinds. I think it was folded during demo, but too much to remember. Help, we are getting hungry.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdenise View Post
We just picked up our 2015 Rockwood on Wed. I am trying to keep open the glass stove top. There are hindges 1/3 of the way from the front. But it does not bend enough back nor front to fold back near the blinds. I think it was folded during demo, but too much to remember. Help, we are getting hungry.
Use the M/W or Order a Pizza,while you find the Stove Manual! Youroo!! PS Welcome!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Use the M/W or Order a Pizza,while you find the Stove Manual! Youroo!! PS Welcome!
Pizza for breakfast?? Looks like toast and coffee.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #4

Quote:
The front section folds back over the rear section of glass, and the two do not fold all the way back. They more or less stand almost vertical at the rear of the stove top. Seems i recall a post where someone at the factory didn't install one of them correctly so it wouldn't fold back properly, had to take it apart and reassemble.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
The front section folds back over the rear section of glass, and the two do not fold all the way back. They more or less stand almost vertical at the rear of the stove top. Seems i recall a post where someone at the factory didn't install one of them correctly so it wouldn't fold back properly, had to take it apart and reassemble.
So it is supposed to fold back. Hindges will not bend that way. Hopefully I can get a look at someone else's on the campground, have pics of the hindges
Old 06-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #6

I'm assuming you have the style as ours, it has a wooden handle across the front edge, rear glass section has holes in it...
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Old 06-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #7

Quote:
I'm assuming you have the style as ours, it has a wooden handle across the front edge, rear glass section has holes in it...
Yes, that's it. Is it possible for you to send me a pic of the way the hindges are attached? I can give you my email.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #8

I sure will as soon as i get back home in a couple of hours, at work right now. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to snap a couple of pics before that.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Old 06-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #9

Quote:
I sure will as soon as i get back home in a couple of hours, at work right now. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to snap a couple of pics before that.
Thanks, no rush. We had cereal and good excuse to go out to eat. :-). Do you need my email or can pics be posted here? Doing all this by phone, not all my options are available. TY
Old 06-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks, no rush. We had cereal and good excuse to go out to eat. :-). Do you need my email or can pics be posted here? Doing all this by phone, not all my options are available. TY
We can post pics here. Not a problem, that's what the forum is for...to help others.

Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25