Old 05-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwatson View Post
You would think uh? I tried all you suggested except the new tv. I don't really have a lot of those lying around. Apparently they say that it is is the fault of neither, but rather the combination of the two. So the supposed fix is changing the model or brand of one or the other.
If it is an issue and the dealer has only tried one and not the other - it wouldnt have left the dealership till they had it fixed right unless they ordered a new TV or diffrent head unit after the 2nd same unit they tried to replace it with - I wouldnt think it would be hard for a service tech to bring a diffrent brand tv out and try it to see if that is the issue.

If you have a portable TV to try or borrow one at the least to verify that is the case that the two units are not compatable - then you have hard evidence that you can prove to the dealer that they need to take charge and fix the repair right - if you are not getting satisfaction that way then call the factory - as they say the sqweeky wheel gets the grease - one thing I suggest is to "not throw the lawyer comment out there" when dealing with the factory cause you get more with Honey the a sour apple if that makes sense.

I do not watch alot of TV in my trailer but I understand about wanting it fixed

USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #22

Good suggestions. I will try the new tv. I also understand your saying and I agree. But quite frankly I'm sticky with all the honey I've given out. It has got me now were in 6 months. Time to see if LOUD works better.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #23

Also, as they say, I bought way way out of town. So my dealers are local ones that could care less if I watch a good movie or not.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Good suggestions. I will try the new tv. I also understand your saying and I agree. But quite frankly I'm sticky with all the honey I've given out. It has got me now were in 6 months. Time to see if LOUD works better.
To be Honest LOUD isnt the way but you do what you feel is neccassary to get the job done.
- had learned along time ago (was a 19 year old Hot Head in the Marine Corp) when I yelled at a person cause she pissed me off (Lets just say I let her have it too) and I really liked her - she never talked to me again - I guess we learn from our mistakes - so I use that analogy for when I am dealing with situations that I need to get something to benefit me

you should keep your cool but stay firm on what needs to be fixed - trust me when I say this - you can get your points across without being rude and obnoxious (not saying you are gonna be that way but am throwing that out there anyways)

Like I said just keep your cool but stay firm - if you need to put your points down on paper before calling so you have a game plan - do it - you will thank me for the advice later
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Also, as they say, I bought way way out of town. So my dealers are local ones that could care less if I watch a good movie or not.
then I would call the Factory after you test the TV theory - you never know they may reimburse you for a new TV
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #26

Ewwatson,
Open up the video interface case and check the fuse that is in there. My video interface didnt fix the jumping issue either so I opened up the case and the fuse was blown. I put in a new fuse thinking maybe the original was a faulty fuse but the new one blew immediately. I checked out the circuit board and found a slopped up mess of solder that was bridging the Pos. circuitry to the Neg. therefore creating a direct short, blowing the fuse. Must have top notch quality control huh?? Once I fixed that it took care of the short and fixed my jumping video problem. I am right there with you ewwatson on your attitude toward concertone. I had my zx700 replaced thinking it was broke. Then they figured out that they had just made cheap junk and had to come up with this video interface to fix it. My NEW one even has a button that only lights up about half the time. I hooked mine up to three different tv's before i got the video interface and had the jumping issue on all three different tv's so don't buy the "it's the tv manufacture's fault" excuse. It's plain and simple. Concertone uses the cheapest components they can find thrown together into something they call "quality equipment". Just look at ALL the problems out there. It don't take a rocket scientist to see there is definately issues with these units. I am shocked that Forest River still puts them in their units, that is of course, unless, just maybe Concertone is owned by/subsidiary of FR.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
And you were so nice to talk to on the phone.

Clearly you don't want a response, you just want everyone to know your opinion, BUT you have no idea of the total picture or what the actual impact is.

I APOLGIZE you have felt pain from the combination of what has happened in this circumstance, but the fact is VERY FEW people experienced this issue at all. Yes, I know there are more than three people here that have had the problem, but we have shipped thousands and thousands of units during this time period and VERY FEW is an appropriate description. Our systems deliver without question the appropriate outputs as measured and tested to standard.

While I will not speak for ewwatson, I know he is upset with me personally for not responding to him in a timely manner and while I cannot always do so even for extended periods, this new post has reminded me yet again of the dangers of not being available all the time to prevent comments like this from being posted in the first place.

But it is what it is and I need to take the bad with the good and there is plenty of good to go around. We have LOTS of SATISFIED AND HAPPY CUSTOMERS and for that I am grateful! I will endeavor to respond more quickly in the future.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #28

I'm not mad at you Bob, or anyone for that matter. Just frustrated. I'm still the nice person on the phone and I apologize for any unkind words. I have new hope. I'll try this new gt3 I just received and I will also check the fuse on the video interface. I will post back with my success or failed attempts...
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #29
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
ewwatson - actually I was not talking to you! :-)

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote