Old 10-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #1

GPS

Can anyone recommend a good GPS? Is there a GPS that routes you around any tunnels that don't allow propane? Is there a list of tunnels that do not allow propane?

Old 10-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #2

I found this from MDTA Hope it helps others.

he Transport of Hazardous Materials Across our Toll Facilities

Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) govern the transport of hazardous materials across our toll facilities. Under these regulations, vehicles carrying bottled propane gas in excess of 10 pounds per container (maximum of 10 containers), bulk gasoline, explosives, significant amounts of radioactive materials, and other hazardous materials are prohibited from using the Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95) or the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895). The Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695, the Baltimore Beltway) is a convenient alternative route for crossing Baltimore's Harbor.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #3

Garmin RV 760LMT.......I just bought one with the wireless camera for $379

Great GPS and I installed the camera inside the toy hauler so I can watch as the bike becomes disconnected and trashes the inside of the trailer........

(Both truck and trailer already have rear view cameras.)
Old 11-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #4

I agree our RV760LMT is a great GPS. I am installing the camera in back next to the existing built in camera. The built in camera is ok but it is only a 4" screen. The 760 has a 7" screen that is a whole lot bigger, at least twice as big. Maybe I'll aim them differently.

2015 GMC 2500HD
2016 Wildcat 327ck 5th wheel
Old 11-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #5

You might be able to feed the wire from your existing camera right into the aux camera input on the RV760. Then you could use the wireless camera somewhere else.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #6

Back to the original question, I haven't been around tunnels for the RV760 to react. It has routed me away from a low overpass. You put in the length weight and height and it will route you around weight limits, low overpass, narrow and sharp turning roads. I usually plan my route and check on the propane tank restrictions myself. I went to the website of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to find out their restrictions for propane tanks. They allow 2 tanks with up to 45lbs propane each. We have (2) 30 lb. tanks so we can go through those tunnels.

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2016 Wildcat 327ck 5th wheel