Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #1

Heat stronger in bedroom

The furnace in my trailer is in the bedroom, right next to the bed where there is a heat register. It blows out strong hot air, but the living room registers are too weak to keep the temperature up to the demand in the main cabin where the thermostat is. So the heat just runs constantly making it unbearably hot in the bed room. I tried to block it, but it caused the floor panelling in the main cabin to rise up as if the air was flowing underneath it.

Any suggestions?
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Check to insure the duct work to the other registers are not blocked or crushed. Occasionally the distribution box cut-outs may not be cut out or connected.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #3

Since my trailer has an enclosed underbelly, I guess I should probably take it in. I was trying to avoid having to do that because it is probably something simple with the duct work.
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #4

I had the same issue on my trailer.

Unlucky for me, during a trip down to Florida, my underbelly broke free on the front and ripped free back to the axles. Not having time to wait for a mobile tech, I removed the coroplast.

Your ducting is probably the very light weight plastic/foil flex ducting. It is probably installed very loosely. To get best airflow thru this stuff it is supposed to be pulled as tight as possible. As a result, the air flow thru it to the front of the trailer is reduced because of high resistance. Mine was so loose, that were it was not supported by the under belly, it was dragging on the ground.

Because I had complete access, I ripped it all out and replaced 95% with rigid and semi-rigid ducting. As a test, I turned on the furnace and got better but not great airflow to the front. So to further reduce the heat going to the bedroom. I put some aluminum tape on the exhaust port on the furnace port that goes to the bedroom. That should force more heat to where I want it.

The link below goes to another post where I uploaded pictures of the completed ducting. This was before I put wire loom on the wires that were hanging everywhere with minimal support.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1812178
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #5

This is problem on a lot of trailers. Block off part of the supply to bedroom at furnace distribution box.
loyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 PM   #6

Never figured out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyda View Post
This is problem on a lot of trailers. Block off part of the supply to bedroom at furnace distribution box.
Never figured out why they don't use registers with dampers, although the Suburban manual says to never restrict flow.

I have been known to cover part of the bedroom register with a bathmat or other heavy carpet scrap.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #7

Get a 5’ endoscope for your cell phone and give it the business!! They’re cheap, and work well inspecting tight, dark, places in the RV. (If dealer wants photo, it will do that too.)
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo