Old 03-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #11

Well after spending 3 hrs at the manufacture Monday. They met with a technician from suburban and said that I need to add at least 1 if not 2 more vents to my unit. After telling them that I had taken the cover off the front of furnace and got good air flow they feel that it is being restricted with only 4 ducts hook to the plenum. I'm going to give this a try myself before any holes are put anywhere to see if it helps. I can't believe that no one else has ever had this issue if that is the problem. My camper is a flagstaff 8528bhws

Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracing View Post
Well after spending 3 hrs at the manufacture Monday. They met with a technician from suburban and said that I need to add at least 1 if not 2 more vents to my unit. After telling them that I had taken the cover off the front of furnace and got good air flow they feel that it is being restricted with only 4 ducts hook to the plenum. I'm going to give this a try myself before any holes are put anywhere to see if it helps. I can't believe that no one else has ever had this issue if that is the problem. My camper is a flagstaff 8528bhws
The tech may be correct, but it kinda defies logic. No air flow so you add more outlets? I might go along with increasing INLET air, as a squirrel cage fan will "Unload" (not pump air) if the inlets are blocked or semi blocked.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #13

They have to figure out if the blower is putting the right cfm out. they need to drill a hole in the supply plenum and one in the return then put to 1/4" tubes attached to the sloop water tube and take a reading compare the reading to the blower curve chart and see the exact cfm the unit is producing. If the static pressure is to high you add a duct to reduce it which increases the air flow. just a piss pour design of the ducting system.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #14

After talking with Flagstaff warranty dept (Mark) and suburban tech they suggested to add a vent to my unit. I recently spent the weekend camping and it got down in the 30s and I'm happy to say my camper stayed 70 degrees without a problem. I would have never thought adding a vent would have helped. Want to thank both for spending so much time with me on this matter. I am Very Satisfied with the out come. Thank you again. Happy Camper. 😊

Tags
heating