Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2019, 01:56 PM   #1

Help! Hidden TV in our Sanibel Wants to Remain Hidden

Help. I have a 2015 Sanibel 5th wheel. Today the hidden TV in the living room has decided to remain hidden. It nests in a faux mantle behind the electric fireplace. Breaker is OK and there is power to the switch but nothing happens when pressed. Any ideas or past experiences? Plan B is to access it and pull it out to work on or trouble shoot but there are no obvious panels or doors and even the faux mantle has no obvious screws or clips (glued on?). I can't find any screws or clips either on the wood panels. Do I have to remove the fireplace to get at it? Any other thoughts on why it might be stuck? Now, before I attack it with a hammer and pry bar to bust in !!! anyone have any better ideas. Thanks. Mike P.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
llr

No idea about the lift system but I would start by removing the fireplace.

On my fireplace there is a trim board across the top with 2 screws, after this is removed there is an upside down "U" metal trim that slides up and out, exposing the 4 actual mounting screws.

Does the lift only work with AC power? If it works on DC then it is probably fuses instead of breakers.
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
Help. I have a 2015 Sanibel 5th wheel. Today the hidden TV in the living room has decided to remain hidden. It nests in a faux mantle behind the electric fireplace. Breaker is OK and there is power to the switch but nothing happens when pressed. :
You say there is power to the switch. Was this checked with a meter?
Can you use a jumper wire to verify the switch isn't bad?
If there truly is power to the switch and the jumper wire doesn't make it work, then you're likely looking at the motor or a connection to it so start tracing that direction would be my advice.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #4

Yup. It looks like the motor. We metered the switch and it is 110 on that circuit. I have found 4 screws in the wooden trim panel around the fire place but upon removing them the panel still seems 100% stuck in place. I am afraid to put any more pressure on it as it flexes so far then looks like it is going to split. Like something else is holding it in. Can't find anything else and afraid to split the large trim panel as that would be a disaster. So still stuck, me an it literally.

Tags
sanibel