Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Help... I'm getting no TV at all

Hi all.

I've got the Concertone zx500. I get music, am, fm, DVD all fine.

I try to get tv from the connection at the RV park and I get nothing. It appears that I can switch between 3 different modes... video. Svideo and whatever the 3rd option is I get the floating message "Disconnetor"..

So what am I doing wrong? I get the same thing if I try to get TV from the antena... I tried the remote... thinking that I could get to some menu but no luck...

Perry Brown
'07 27 BHSS or something like that...

pbrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
I missed this the first time out...there is a switch to turn the antenna "on" near the cable connection inside the trailer. Have you made sure it's "on"?

4yr. old Happy Camping Dalmation Mix
2002 GMC Yukon XL (Behemoth)
2008 Surveyor SV235RKS
Previously - 1998 Coleman Niagara PUP
lacmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
no TV

Okay... that got me tv over the air.... cool... but what about the cable hook up? There are 2 inputs on the side of the trailer... I think one says cable and the other says satalite...

I'm currently hooked up to the cable one... and the rv park says I should be getting a bunch of chanels... any thoughts

and thanks for the help with the button...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
In a previous trailer that I had, if you were hooked to the unit antennae, you would push the "power boost" button on for the antennae, and the button would be off for cable.

The other thing is to make sure that the TV mode is for cable instead of antennae. This can probably be found in the main setup menu of the TV.

Hope this helps,

MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
Have you tried switching from the Cable jack to the satalite jack the wires could be crossed in the back of the jack.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
No cable TV

I'm able to get tv over the air... even though I'm connected to the RV parks cable tv. I've tried both inputs... no go...

I've seen post's about using the set up screen on the TV but I'm unable to get to that to select cable as the input... even using the remote..

Thanks again for all your help

Old 12-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
Head Rambler
If you're getting "over air" when hooked to the cable, make sure the booster is off. There's a switch in there that switches away from cable when the button is pushed in. Also you can hook the cable to the satelite input on the outside of the RV and hook the tv to the satelite connector on the inside of the RV and it will work too.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote