Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 12:31 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Dojomom
Help! Loud clanking and whirring from under the fridge!

Saturday, I decided to defrost my Dometic refrigerator. Last time, it was quick and simple. Before going to bed, I turned it on a "Auto" and went to sleep. I awoke two hours later to a loud clicking and whirring sound coming from under the fridge. It is blowing cool air from a floor vent nearby, but the fridge itself is room temperature. I turned off the fridge, but the sound and the cool air continue. What could it be? How do I make it quit? I don't know how to get under there in the dark. I don't know how to turn off all power to make it quit. I don't know much of anything, and 12:40 am Sunday and I have no one to call.

I live in a 2016 Coachman Freedom Express 257BHS

Before I got old, I thought having an actual tent instead of just a tarp was luxury camping. I'm enjoying 25' travel trailer.
Dojomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:54 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Dojomom
Another forum's answers indicate that it is likely a cooling fan, but the refrigerator is OFF, and has been off for about two hours, now.

Before I got old, I thought having an actual tent instead of just a tarp was luxury camping. I'm enjoying 25' travel trailer.
Dojomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #3

Help! Loud clanking and whirring from under the fridge!

Sorry you didn't get help sooner. Short of turning off the battery switch, which turns off all DC powered items including the fridge (needs DC power to run the control board), you can locate and pull the fuse that covers the fridge.

If for any reason it's not that, try other fuses until it stops.

Assume you have checked and tried your room thermostat in case it's your furnace fan. Just cycle that off if it's on to see.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Tags
fridge