Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #1

Help please with tv reception

We just purchased a new 2014 Lacrosse luxury lite touring edition last thursday the dealership done a walk through we left to go camping and now we have no tv. you channel search nothing is found the booster is on and antenna has been moved around every way that it can be. the dealership came to teh camp ground they changed the connection no help, booster no help, antenna no help. they took the tv to the dealership where they said it was able to pick up channels. they asked us to go home get another tv and try it to see if its any differant. everyone around us is getting tv channels fine. we are stumped and we are camping for a whole month i would love to least get the news.
Nevalicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #2

Did you get any TV stations at the dealer lot during the PDI?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #3

they only showed us one channel and it wasnt in good. but when they took the tv back to dealership and said checked tv it picked up 37 chanels which they are with in ust a few miles of all the tv stations. where we are camping at we hve camper at this same site for 5 years and in previous camper never an issue with getting at least 20 channels.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #4

did you turn on the antenna? Look at the outlet that the antenna plug is in, you may see a little button, if so, push it, and you should see a green light. That means your antena is on.

I found that out on mine (3200BTH), it has a "power antenna"
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #5

It's probably a bad connector somewhere, But it could be anything (except the TV). I think the dealer is going have to step up and get this fixed.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

the atenna is on the booster is on and nothing tomorrow if the tv we take down that was in our other camper that we bought at best buy doesnt work they want us to call them back so they can call forest river/ prime time and see what can be done. yet we are camping for the whole month of oct and if we take camper out someone can get our site
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #7

They came out once; they should continue to do that. If they need PrimeTime to tell them how to solve this problem, they don't know what they are doing.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Site Team

Can u see if the cable is tight underneath the antenna?

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #9

they guy checked and said teh cables where all tight and said he rain new cables adn nothing he was stomped
Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #10

If I were doing it, the next steps would be to replace the antenna booster control (after verifying that it had power) and then to replace the antenna head.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #11

I had that issue with the TV in the bedroom. the living room worked fine, not so much as blurry pic in the bedroom. Turns out the cable connector in the ceiling was bad. The blue piece which receives the pin from the cable was rotated. I bought a new one at Wally World and all is good with DW and her night time requirement to fall asleep with the TV on. Easy fix, PIA to try and figure out what was wrong.
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #12

the guy mentioned that he replaced teh booster and nothing then replaced the head and the whole antenna so im like its gotta be one of those i mean seriously
Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
Site Team - Lou

What model antenna do you have? It should be in your paperwork.

Many are directional and must be pointed at the antenna farm to get good digital. I use antennaweb.org to find the towers and orient my antenna.

If you have a Sensar (batwing type), point the white box AT the tower location. The wings are like wings of a plane and the white amp box is the cockpit.

With a Winegard Sensar type make sure the "boost" or "amp" light is on in the wall plate using the tiny button. This will connect power to the roof antenna and disconnect the outside cable TV connector. Turning OFF the power will disconnect the roof antenna and connect the outside park cable connection to your camper TVs.

Adding a "Wingman" to older Sensar systems will increase digital reception range.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antennaweb Roadmap Wide angle.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	40479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antennaweb Satellite Wide angle.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	40480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antennaweb Satellite at Camper.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	40481   Click image for larger version

Name:	wingmanGraph.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	40484  
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall PLate Amp.pdf (143.1 KB, 17 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #14

As been posted on other threads, if you have LED lights on, no TV reception. Don't know the reason but it's true for our unit.
Hijinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
Love My Sunseeker

Just a suggestion, but did you go through the TV menu and make sure it's on ANTENNA not CABLE? I have made that mistake.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #16

Don't know if OP got his problem solved, but my XLR had the antenna and internal cable reversed at the booster. Caused all kinds of wierdness. At org. PDI, tech commented that it was working fine in another part of lot. (First clue)
Took it in for warranty work and had them check antenna system. No problem found.(clue # 2).Got it back home, no reception. My old trailer always worked fine even though im in a fringe area. Started checking and found 12v on center conductor to gnd at wall outlets. pulled booster, put the cables where they were supposed to go and working great now
phuber9458 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reception, tv reception