Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #1

Help - radio turning itself on

Has anyone else experienced this, or do you know what might be the issue?

We just bought this Rockwood Roo 3 weeks ago, and the first radio issue occurred Saturday, as I was doing some spring maintenance on the trailer, prepping it for our first trip. First off, I plugged the trailer into shore power, and the radio immediately started playing... outside speakers and all. I hadn't even unlocked the door yet, so I unlocked it, turned the power button off, and thought nothing more of it.

Well, it mysteriously turned itself on all by itself some time this afternoon, playing country music for the neighborhood. It has been plugged into shore power uninterrupted since Saturday afternoon, and untouched since then...

I was unaware that FR makes AI-equipped trailers
Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by btundra View Post

We just bought this Rockwood Roo 3 weeks ago, and the first radio issue occurred Saturday, as I was doing some spring maintenance on the trailer, prepping it for our first trip. First off, I plugged the trailer into shore power, and the radio immediately started playing... outside speakers and all. I hadn't even unlocked the door yet, so I unlocked it, turned the power button off, and thought nothing more of it.

Well, it mysteriously turned itself on all by itself some time this afternoon, playing country music for the neighborhood. It has been plugged into shore power uninterrupted since Saturday afternoon, and untouched since then...

wow. I can only think that someone nearby is using a remote on their tv, dvd player etc and it is activating your rv radio. or you have gremlins. let us know how this turns out. i had to removed mine in the past when it would not power up, I unplugged the power from back of radio and plugged it back in, and it worked fine after that. maybe a hard reboot will fix yours. goodluck.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #3

que the Twilight Zone music ~ no pun intended..... well, maybe.....

I'm still figuring that thing out ~ not sure I like a radio smarter than me......
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by btundra View Post

I'm not sure what system you have, but mine does crazy stuff once in a while. My stereo system has a reset switch under a side panel I have to reset to get it back to normal.
Top B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Site Team

it would help if you posted which brand and model you have.
if it's a Concertone, send Bob Fields a PM. you can find him in the Concertone Support thread. he's a Concertone Rep.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Don't know if this might help, but I read on here a couple months ago where a child had accidentally played with the radio and programmed the alarm. The radio would come on at 3am. Not sure what radio you have but might be something to look at.....
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #7

HI...We experienced the same problem...a known issue with this model radio (Jensen 970, I assume)...I offered a diagnosis and solution in another thread entitled "problems with jensen audio system"...follow the instructions and you will solve the problem of the radio mysteriously turning itself on. Hope this helps.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
Webfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Don't know if this might help, but I read on here a couple months ago where a child had accidentally played with the radio and programmed the alarm. The radio would come on at 3am. Not sure what radio you have but might be something to look at.....
We've got a Jenson unit and I accidentally hit the alarm button once without even realizing it had an alarm. Got some surprise music one day.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
This is my guess also.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Yes! My grand daughter messed with mine. Alarm woke us 3am. I googled and found solution. Had something to do with pressing and holding bass boost button. Mess with it and see what happens. Google it for solutions. Good luck.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote