Old 12-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #1

Help, Urgent, Furnace no heat

Desperate in PA. We are getting ready to go south for the winter in 5 days, just after Christmas. We had a problem with the furnace not working, so we took it to a shop where the circuit board was replaced. It was working fine and I had the heat set at 42 F. We went out this morning to start the finish packing and the furnace does not deliver heat. I turned the thermostat up to 90 and the fan will come on, but after about 30 sec it stops and no heat is delivered. Sounds to me like the burner is not igniting.

I am starting here to find a solution, guess I could try to get a circuit board from Amazon or someplace. I will be using my friend Google now to find some assistance.

BTW the Furnace is a Suburban SF 30 FQ.

Any ideas??

PS I tried to call the service place, but they are closed on Sat and I actually doubt they will reopen until after the new year. Left a message.

lmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacy View Post
Desperate in PA. We are getting ready to go south for the winter in 5 days, just after Christmas. We had a problem with the furnace not working, so we took it to a shop where the circuit board was replaced. It was working fine and I had the heat set at 42 F. We went out this morning to start the finish packing and the furnace does not deliver heat. I turned the thermostat up to 90 and the fan will come on, but after about 30 sec it stops and no heat is delivered. Sounds to me like the burner is not igniting.

I am starting here to find a solution, guess I could try to get a circuit board from Amazon or someplace. I will be using my friend Google now to find some assistance.

BTW the Furnace is a Suburban SF 30 FQ.

Any ideas??

PS I tried to call the service place, but they are closed on Sat and I actually doubt they will reopen until after the new year. Left a message.
New info. I have shutdown all power to the furnace to try to reset the circuit as others have suggested, No joy. Still no heat. Apparently no ignition.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #3

Are you out of propane?
Old 12-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
Site Team

Probably a silly question, but do you have propane?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
Are you out of propane?
That was my first thought as it has been sitting for a couple weeks with the furnace running to prevent freezing. Nope, 2/3 tank and the stove works fine.

THanks
Old 12-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #6

Since you've had it sitting with heat on for multiple days, I doubt this will help, but just in case... Are you on shore power or battery? I've had a similar problem with low battery, presumably because the fan wasn't strong enough to trigger the sail switch.

Also, an electric heater are a good fall back if you're camping with shore power.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #7

Quick answers. Shore power - at home. Tried battery, no joy. Electric is gonna be the way we start, may need to get a "something" or hit a Camping World along the way.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #8

This site is designed for home furnaces, but they are similar so it might be of some help:
https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...rts-then-stops
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #9

HVAC Folks??

Any thoughts on maybe calling a HVAC person to assist??
Old 12-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #10

Is this the right board?
https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-SB52.../dp/B00NBPYF7U

Or is this the right Dinosaur board replacement?

https://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Elec...J6NFCCVX7PWW0T

Tags
furnace