Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
Tammy Mc

Cool Help with satellite use

I have a Silvercreek 37RTH with the outdoor television. I can get cable and or local "air" channels on the outdoor television with no issues. But when using my DISH tailgater satellite hooked into the outside of my camper (hooked into the living room satellite hookup) the satellite feed works perfectly in the living room and piggy backs great into the bedroom. Anyone know how to get the satellite to work or piggyback to the outside tv? When i move my Wally receiver and satellite cable to the outside and plug it directly into the tv it works fine. just not if i run it through the INterior hookup. ideas?

tammymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymc View Post
I have a Silvercreek 37RTH with the outdoor television. I can get cable and or local "air" channels on the outdoor television with no issues. But when using my DISH tailgater satellite hooked into the outside of my camper (hooked into the living room satellite hookup) the satellite feed works perfectly in the living room and piggy backs great into the bedroom. Anyone know how to get the satellite to work or piggyback to the outside tv? When i move my Wally receiver and satellite cable to the outside and plug it directly into the tv it works fine. just not if i run it through the INterior hookup. ideas?
I'd bet a cold one that there's no cable connectivity between the outside coax 'plug' and the physical satellite, like there is inside.

Either find a way to get a home run from the outside coax port to the dish, or do what you said already, and just plug it directly.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #3

My tailgater will not work thru any factory wiring in my trailer. Period.

Satelite -> receiver -> Television , ALL DIRECT WIRING IS THE ONLY WAY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO USE IT.

Many others have had same experience.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #4

Find where the out side hooks to the catv/antenna. It should be near/at the ant booster. I would wire in an a/b switch for it to the existing line and use a sat. Compatible splitter and tie into the line for the front tv and that to the other side of the a/b switch. That should do it.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
Tammy Mc

Thank you so much!
tammymc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite