Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
2014 Heritage Glen

Heritage Glen TV Amplifier Cable Connection

A heads up on the TV park cable/antenna connection. I have a 2014 Heritage Glen 298RE, bought about 3 months ago. I went to a campground that had cable hookup. I was also about 50 miles (line of sight) from a few TV stations. (I have a Jensen TV and entertainment center.) Hooked up the cable and put the remote's "source" button to "TV" on the TV's screen, and set the "menu" button to "channel" on the TV's screen. Then selected "cable" and ran "auto scan". Got about 40 cable channels which is about par for this campground. Then I wanted to try of-the-air channels. I set the "channel" selection to "air" and did a scan. Nothing! I looked for another coax cable for the antenna but didn't see one. I also didn't see an amplifier around the TV area. I kept reading in the forums that there was an amplifier and it had a switch and LED on it. Then I saw where some mentioned a bedroom connection for the TV and satellite. Looked in the bedroom, and there it was! It was up high towards the ceiling and had a switch and LED on it. The LED was off! I pushed the button to turn the amplifier on, went back to the remote and ran "scan" again. Got 14 channels off of the antenna after the scan!! Just to double check, I turned the amplifier off. The signal went away. Turned it back on, signal came back. Put the TV in the cable mode. No signal! Turned the switch off on the amplifier and the cable signal came back. It took a couple of hours but I came to this conclusion ( which I find in no owner's manual. The coax cable from the "park cable" connector on the rear of the trailer comes in to a port on a "Y" type splitter (somewhere in the trailer). The outside antenna comes into the other port on the splitter. The output of the splitter goes (via coax cable) to the TV's input coax connection. You switch from "cable" to "off air" with the remote's "menu" button and selecting the "channel" block on the screen. Just be sure you turn the amplifier OFF when using cable and ON when using the antenna.
Rwgrigg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable