Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #1

Hood Fan Motor

I have a 2013 2703ws Rockwood. On the first trip out, the stove fan motor quit working. I came back home, removed the range hood and took it to the local Rockwood dealer. They confirmed the fan motor was bad. That was right after Father's Day. They ordered a new motor and say the one that was sent was the wrong size. Then they said Forest River had the motor on backorder and later said they ordered one from "another source". Here it is, almost the end of July and I'm still waiting. Anybody know where to get another motor? It's difficult if not impossible to cook inside without the fan going.
wyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #2

Use any part numbers from fan moter and search on the net .. Should find something that is compatible
Chris1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #3

Thanks. I called today and the dealer swears it'll be in Tuesday and I'll have the thing Tuesday afternoon. If it doesn't happen, I'll check on the Internet.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #4

Still Having Problem

OK Finally got the fan motor in at the dealers and they put it in the range hood. I brought the hood home and mounted it. It doesn't draw much air out if at all. In fact I've had to prop the vent open on the outside. I'm wondering if they could have gotten the wiring reversed when they put the motor in the hood. Anyone know if that's possible?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
jdadoug

Hood fan

Is it possible the got the fan backwards on the shaft?
jdadoug
Old 08-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #6

I thought of that but looking at it, the fan itself is only open on one side so the motor shaft has to go in that side. All I can think of is that the motor was wired backwards but I don't want to switch the wires unless someone can confirm that it's possible for the motor be wired backwards.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #7

Anything is possible when it comes to warranty work on a camper !! Lol .. Light a match and see if it draws the flame toward the fan .. Better chance of it just being a slow fan than being wired backwards... See if you can find the rating on the fan that was installed and call the hood manufacture and see if that's the rating that should be in the hood you have.. I know that sounds like a lot of work .. Fans are fairly cheap and you could easily go up to a fan that draws more air, if you do e the work your self.
Chris1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #8

Surprise

Seems the kid that put in the new motor didn't check it out. Hood fans draw better when they turn the right direction. They put in the fan motor that was back ordered and came in. Works fine. Pulls grease right out of the skillet!

Tags
fan