Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle999 View Post
I have a 2016 26DBH Grey Wolf and the same satellite hardware. I couldn't get mine to work either unless direct connected so had the dealer look at it when I took it back for a different problem. Turned out the cable connection in the ceiling was blown. Because the dish outside gets the power through the cable it was too much for the OEM connection with the 12 volt outlet built in.

The dealer replaced it with a different connection so it now has one outlet for the antenna with a little push button to turn on/off and another outlet for the satellite receiver that connects to the outside. Works great now. It looks like this:
TV\Satellite Jack Receptacle

I also added a 2nd outside connection and line into the bedroom so I can use a 2nd receiver as the outlet in the bedroom ceiling is for the antenna.

As mentioned, you do need to be direct connected to setup the receiver but sounds like you have done that already.
Have the same TT. I hate to chuckle, but I went through all this 2 years ago and got the same (great) help here figuring it out.

ONE simple little device to buy. A short FLAT RG6 coax:
http://www.amazon.com/Flat-Coaxial-C.../dp/B001WAPIRW
Run it through a window, it works great. Then run straight from outside dish to the receiver, with ONLY the flat coax in the middle.

Has to happen. Physical dish to receiver can't have anything in between other than this short splice, and even it ain't good!

I have my own question. On the new units, have the manufacturers finally figured the above out??? If so, does the outside F connector that says "satellite" actually run as a home run to the receiver, or not???? Or are they still confused and run it through switches, etc.???

And why can't ONE dealer in the USA figure all this out and be knowledgeable and upfront with customers about this????? just one!!!
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #22

Second question (sorry to rob the thread, but I bet the OP would like this info too):

Why can't someone make a PORTABLE (not roof mounted) Dish for Direct TV HD? I swear, I could design one. One simple motor, one simple GPS device, one simple mother board containing the satellite locations for the specific GPS location and date. Press a button. Voila!

NO reason this shouldn't be available. And I don't mean the roof mounted Wineguards. I mean portable!!! Roof mounts have intrinsic tree problems, especially in the South where every campground has trees!
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:11 AM   #23

[QUOTE=Blackrock;956925]I'm following along here. We just had direct tv installed in out 25DS with lead coming off of the dish on our home. Got the TT parked right next to the house. I have the cable-sat connector on the left rear of the TT so the tech hooked in there then went inside and ran the lead off of a connector behind the tv to the receiver and all is working real well.

Bad news is I had bought the that big honkin Amazon.com: Winegard GM-2000 White Carryout G2 Automatic Portable Satellite TV Antenna: Automotive Winegard portable dish which

PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES I am sick of my manual metal D'TV antenna on a tripod Too much work. Eager to hear about the G2 beast
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #24

[QUOTE=Tom48;957939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I'm following along here. We just had direct tv installed in out 25DS with lead coming off of the dish on our home. Got the TT parked right next to the house. I have the cable-sat connector on the left rear of the TT so the tech hooked in there then went inside and ran the lead off of a connector behind the tv to the receiver and all is working real well.

Bad news is I had bought the that big honkin Amazon.com: Winegard GM-2000 White Carryout G2 Automatic Portable Satellite TV Antenna: Automotive Winegard portable dish which

PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES I am sick of my manual metal D'TV antenna on a tripod Too much work. Eager to hear about the G2 beast
Rats - Been messing with this off and on all weekend and no results yet. Got it close one time but not working. So for right now until I call Winegard later in the week I gotta say it don't work too good.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite