Old 08-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #1

Hookup Satellite Question - Please Help!!

We just purchased the 26BDH Greywolf. On the outside of the camper it has an outlet that says cable. We hooked up our Dish Tailgater to it and then connected the connection above the tv to the receiver and then ran the HD from the receiver to the tv and we get nothing. If I disconnect the satellite dish and connect it directly to the receiver and then the HD cable from the receiver to the tv it works perfectly. I have searched most of the day and I can't figure it out. This is our first camper and we are trying to learn but this is really stumping us. Thanks for any help!!

gbrownhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS

tailgater

There is most likely a spliter on the line coming into the unit and the tailgater will not work with a spliter on the line. Ours does the same thing.

NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #3

Cable-in goes to a splitter and a antenna booster and will not work with satellite. Our RV has a cable-in and a satellite-in and our Tailgater works great. You need to run direct cable to dish with your set-up or rewire your cables (sometimes not so easy). If you have more than one TV hookup you will have several splitters to remove. I have talked to some that have used a short flat cable thru the window that might work for you.
drc343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #4

This may help you...

You absolutely can't run through a splitter with a tailgater. The receiver has to talk to the tailgater to tell it to find signal.

The flat cable will work for a couple trips before it wears out and won't work anymore. I went thru 3 of them before installing what I did.

See my fix to the problem. I couldn't find where the splitter was in the wall and I didn't want to tear the whole camper down.

What did you do to your fqsl model nitro
Old 08-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
This may help you...

You absolutely can't run through a splitter with a tailgater. The receiver has to talk to the tailgater to tell it to find signal...
First you don't hook to the "cable in", you hook the Tailgater to the "satellite in" and it will work with splitters, I have at least 4 splitters and one is a 4 way and my Tailgater works fine as does the OTA antenna on 3 televisions.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #6

Coot... Are the splitters between your receiver and the tailgater? If splitters worked with data flowing "uphill" your cable hook up should work. From my experience you can't have a splitter between the receiver and the tailgater. The satellite in is a direct feed to the receiver. Then the signal is split after the receiver to the other tv's. I am not meaning that the signal after the receiver can't be split. The OP said his connection outside said cable. He didn't mention he had two. My TH only had a cable hook up as well. Which is why I installed what I did.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
Coot... Are the splitters between your receiver and the tailgater? If splitters worked with data flowing "uphill" your cable hook up should work. From my experience you can't have a splitter between the receiver and the tailgater. The satellite in is a direct feed to the receiver. Then the signal is split after the receiver to the other tv's. I am not meaning that the signal after the receiver can't be split. The OP said his connection outside said cable. He didn't mention he had two. My TH only had a cable hook up as well. Which is why I installed what I did.
The 4 way splitter is just inside the "satellite in" before it gets to the receiver box the other splitters are after the box.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #8

I only have a cable in - not a satellite in.
gbrownhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #9

That may be some special splitter designed for satellite install then. If the OP only has cable in, his splitters won't work. Coot, if you have time and it's not a mess to take a picture can you post it? I am curious as to what type of 4way splitter you have.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:08 PM   #10

GB, are you using a vp211k receiver? Coot is yours a different receiver than that? I heard they came out with a new system that can have multiple boxes (maybe just 2) on a single tailgater.

Tags
satellite