Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #21

a motion sensor light shining on it might make the thief a little leary trying to get at it, our Rv came with a motion light in 12v at the door side, would not be too hard to install another one where you place the antenna, just getting the wires thru the side might be a challenge

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
OK, I'm liking the idea of an "alarm" padlock. Where can those be found?

We've always just left our winegard dish outside when leaving for a day trip from our favorite campground space, but this past weekend we were in a campground we've never visited before, so before we left for a day trip I asked DH to put the winegard inside the entry door. Yes, it's one of the automatic ones, but he still grumbled.

We're also trying to figure out a better way to secure our surge guard to the power cord. Someone posted pictures of a cable system/clamps they use. Maybe that would work for both?
Amazon or eBay. Most are less than $15.00. I don't actually lock mine on the cable, I just lock it onto the handle of my dish. That way, the thief is more likely to ignore it as he starts to work on the cable. As soon as he jiggles the dish a little, it goes off for a set period of time (I don't remember how long).
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #23

I decided on 50 ft of 5/16 in cable with a loop on each end. Hopefully that deters the casual thief. Couple shiny master locks to attach the cable to the carry out security loop and to bumper.

2008 Silverado EXtCab 6.0 Vortex Max
2010 Forest River Surveyor SV-294
Equalizer 1000 WD/SC hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller
nowait is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite