Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #1

how do you get satellite signal to rear bedroom?

I've got a 2008 cherokee grey wolf 28 footer. I've managed to get the living room cable connection to work, but I get nothing in thru connection in the rear. do i have to use a short coax cable and jumper from aux/sat to the TV connection to send the signal to the rear of the trailer? Is the batwing on top the only thing connected to the rear connection.
Thanks
2008 grey wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

it is not wired for satellite in any position except the main tv .

I don't think you can jumper it either to make it work . not sure tho
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #3

The wall plate for the over the air antenna is also the connection area for cable. If you pull the wall plate off you will see two cables attached to the rear of the plate, one antenna other cable. You should have two coax cables one for the front and one for the rear tvs. You will need a spliter to get a signal to both tvs off the connection wall plate. To receive a good cable signal you will have to turn off the "power boost" button for the antenna, this will be a small button on the wall plate.

Now for satellite, if your unit has a seperate satellite hook up outside the inside cable will not be through the tv antenna wall plate. You will have to hook the cable to your sat. receiver and the tvs to the correct connection on the rear of the sat. receiver. I have dish network, my coax from the dish goes to the receiver then I hoodk my front and rear tvs to the correct connection on the back of the receiver.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #4

I have the same problem. Like the other poster said only the outside TV antenna goes to the remote room.

You have a couple of options:

1. Pull a video cable to the remote bedroom. Besides that you will also need to install video distribution amp.
2. Install a modulator for the satellite and an A/B switch of some variety at the main panel. Easiest and cheapest way to go but the other TV's picture may be a little grainy.
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, coax, satellite, Television