Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #1

How do you get to the back of the Genesis GT 3.0?

I just purchased a 2013 Rockwood 2906SS and it comes with the Genesis Technologies GT 3.0 Entertainment System. I want to hookup a Samsung Blu-ray Player to the GT 3.0 using the Digital Optical Input in the back of the unit, but can't figure out how to get to the back. Is there a trick to remove the bezel on the front? Are there screws behind the trim plate, or do I have to remove some of the cabinet panels to get behind it? Has anyone been able get to the back of the GT 3.0?
Jaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
I just purchased a 2013 Rockwood 2906SS and it comes with the Genesis Technologies GT 3.0 Entertainment System. I want to hookup a Samsung Blu-ray Player to the GT 3.0 using the Digital Optical Input in the back of the unit, but can't figure out how to get to the back. Is there a trick to remove the bezel on the front? Are there screws behind the trim plate, or do I have to remove some of the cabinet panels to get behind it? Has anyone been able get to the back of the GT 3.0?
Good question! I also need this information. Thanks for posting the question.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

There is a trim bezel that goes around the front of the GT 3.0. You just need a small flat screw driver to pop it off. If you look at the outside edge of the unit you will see a place to wedge the screwdriver in. Once that bezel is off there are 4 phillips screws that you take out and then you can pull the unit out. Be carefull as there are 3 wire bundles plugged into the GT.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #4

Excellent! That is what I thought, but wasn't sure and I didn't want to crack or break the bezel. I'll post pictures of the process in the next day or so. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Always Learning

What TheSasks said.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

BE VERY CAREFUL with that face plate.
The push pins are easy to break especially when cold.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
a trick is to look at the bottom of the trim bezel and you will see two small slots. Use a small flathead screw driver to release the tabs and then pull the bottom of the bezel so it clears the faceplate. Then push up & give a little jiggle and the bzel should come right off.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
I want to hookup a Samsung Blu-ray Player to the GT 3.0 using the Digital Optical Input in the back of the unit...
Like to hear how that DO-input worked for you.

Attached pics of one of Bob's "slots" on right-bottom side of bezel, identical on left bottom. Two more pics of a removed bezel, there were four tabs on the right side and four tabs on the left side. On each bezel side, the bottom and next up tab-catches faced up, while the top and next down tab-catches faced down (note direction in pics). The two pics are of the top and bottom of the left side. You can see one of Bob's bottom slots on the far right of the last pic too.

Fragile describes the tabs very well. The unit itself had two screws at top and two at bottom holding it onto cabinet.
Attached Images

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #9

Okay so I was able to work on connecting the digital optical cable from the Samsung BD player to the GT 3.0 system in my travel trailer today.

Before continuing, please be EXTREMELY careful. You might want to shut the power to the GT 3.0 off before attempting the below procedure. I have a good working knowledge of electrical devices and will not be responsible for anyone causing damage to themselves, electronic devices, RV, or Travel Trailer.

Now that I've got the legal stuff out of the way, on to the fun stuff.

Pulling of the bezel surrounding the unit was easier than I thought. Take your time pulling it off starting from the bottom corners slow prying you way to the top. Hopefully you all can see the images in the below links.

http://sdrv.ms/11PgBtx
http://sdrv.ms/11lmk8t
http://sdrv.ms/13y9R07

There are four screws (as already mention in a previous post) that holds the unit in place. The ones for my travel trailer are regular Philips screws. BE CAREFULL removing the unit from the cabinet as you manufacturer might not have allowed for much wire length to lay the unit on the floor without pulling the wires from the plugs. I used a tool box to rest the unit while working.

http://sdrv.ms/10KChFx

Simply locate the Digital Optical connector box on the GT 3.0, but don't remove the protective plug until you are ready to connect the optical cable. Connect the digital optical cable to the optical digital audio output on the back of the BD player and fish the cable down the hole behind the TV. This wasn't that easy because the bundle of wires already passing through the opening and down the wall to the opening where the GT 3.0 is located was pretty crowded. You might want to use a wire hanger of fish tape to pull the optical cable through. Remove the optical protective plug on the GT 3.0 and connect the optical cable.

http://sdrv.ms/13ybhYy
http://sdrv.ms/17PrjDu
http://sdrv.ms/17Przm3

Carefully place the GT 3.0 unit back in the cabinet opening without damaging or unplugging any of the wires. If you disconnected the power, you will need to carefully turn it back on. Turn the GT 3.0 back on and make sure you have the Sound set to AUD3. You will want to verify that you can hear sound from your BD player before screwing down the GT 3.0 to the cabinet. Turn the power off to the GT 3.0 again. Screw the unit back into the cabinet. Then simply snap the GT 3.0 bezel back on the unit starting from the top and pushing the tabs back into place working you way down. Turn the power to the unit back on.

http://sdrv.ms/14mJ4CV

Enjoy!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #10

Thanks for the info and pics on removing the GT-3.0. I have been wanting to get behind the panel for a look-see.

I will have to set up a signature. 2013 Flagstaff 8528IKWS
DickiedooFlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #11

Jaywalker, did you happen to see a fuse in that bundle? We haven't been able to get the Player to turn on. Checked all the fuses in the main box and all were fine. We don't want to take apart without knowing this. Thanks for any help.