Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #1

How to Determine 12v LED Base

I have a 2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23FB. I am wanting to replace some of the 12v LED bulbs with lower wattage to soften the light at night. Does anyone know what the base configuration/style number is or how to determine it. If I simply remove the bulb from the light fixture would there be a stamp on the bulb itself. Thanks for any help with this.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

"Normally" 912 or 921 bulbs

Turbs

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The 921 & 912 are "wedge" base T5 type bulbs and are found in the newer pancake style lights that are under cabinets and such (replacing 1056 automotive). Some have the slightly larger T10 wedge base. The 2 pin style bulbs that are in many recessed ceiling fixtures are G4 base. All are 12v.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #4

I have a 2014 Rockwood 2306, sister to yours. Have you removed the light cover yet and looked at the "bulbs"? The bulbs in mine are not changeable. They are part of the fixture and basically not removable. I solved this issue by installing LED dimmers in my trailer. It is expensive but now I have remote control over many lights and dimable to any brightness. You could opt for non wireless and that would only cost you around $15 a fixture. You could also cut one of the wires to one of the LED bulbs and instantly cut the brightness.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
I have a 2014 Rockwood 2306, sister to yours. Have you removed the light cover yet and looked at the "bulbs"? The bulbs in mine are not changeable. They are part of the fixture and basically not removable. I solved this issue by installing LED dimmers in my trailer. It is expensive but now I have remote control over many lights and dimable to any brightness. You could opt for non wireless and that would only cost you around $15 a fixture. You could also cut one of the wires to one of the LED bulbs and instantly cut the brightness.
Are you sure of this? I've never heard of such a thing.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Are you sure of this? I've never heard of such a thing.
Yup. Below is photos. The original fixtures had clear lenses but they had areas in them that would 'focus' the light and it would shine in your eyes and be very uncomfortable. Lots of glare. I replaced most of my fixtures with some I bought from a surplus place that were Airstream units. They had frosted lenses and were an immediate relief. The fixtures from the Airstream came with standard bulbs so I removed the not so removable LED bulbs from my old fixtures and mounted them in the Airstream ones. With the addition of the light dimmer it is now perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-07 21.05.09.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	64309   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-07 21.05.23.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	64310  
Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Did you look for a plug on the other end of those wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Did you look for a plug on the other end of those wires?
It's all hardwired. Like I said, I removed them and installed them in the fixtures from an Airstream. Soldered the connections in the new fixtures. I don't see any practical way to change light bulbs in these fixtures unless it is to buy flat pancake LED bulbs just like what is in there that are of a lower wattage. The bulbs screw into the metal plate you see and it acts like a heat sink. There is even a little thermo paste under them.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where you got your remote dimmable controls?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tent2TT View Post
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where you got your remote dimmable controls?

Thanks
Most of what I did was from this site. 5 Zone Wireless PWM LED Dimmer

And some from here. https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Tags
led