Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #181

Yes they do. You will have to pay for the duty.still beats getting a new , old stock radio with the same issues from the dealer you bought yor trailer from.
Westiedog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #182

Took my new 5er on first trip this last weekend, and had same issue with iRV-66 audio cutting out intermittently. Called Todd as mentioned previously, and he was very helpful and has arranged an advance replacement for me. Should hopefully get it within a few days
Old 08-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #183

Hey guys I have a 2015 831bhds and also have the volume and DVD play issues with the irv66. No problems with the irv33 though in the bunkhouse. Talked to Todd yesterday and he is shipping new unit, pulled old unit today. Can't wait to get beyond the stereo issues.

By the way does anybody know what wires are what?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439660745.135084.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	85786
Kansas Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #184

There's only one spot that the 3 white connectors can go.14,8,4 pin.the black round one is antenna. And the other cable looks like an HDMI cable which plugs into any HDMI output slot on top of the radio by the ant plug
Westiedog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #185

Just installed my replacement iRV66 today. Audio seems fixed, but the equalizer display just follows a repeating pattern, not related to what audio is actually playing. Not sure what's up with that. Couldn't check the TV output since I only had 12v from battery, no 110v hookup at the storage place
Old 08-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Wind View Post
By the way does anybody know what wires are what?Attachment 85786
As Westiedog said the 3 white connectors will only fit in one place each. The black antenna goes in the back near the bottom of the unit, I'd suggest plugging the hdmi in output 3 since that's the one that supports Audio Return Channel (useful for getting TV audio through the surround system if your TV supports it). There's likely also 2 photo connectors which are analog audio inputs from the TV (tho the hdmi arc is better if supported by your TV)
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #187

new radio is in

well we received our new iRV 33 via warranty from Keystone and it had fewer wiring ports... so hoping it is new stock.. . two days later and its still working!
KamperKen1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #188

Does anyone recall if there's some kind of store-mode/home-mode option on the iRV-66 ?
I'm wondering if that's why the display is just following a continuous pattern, or whether there's some internal issue with the audio not feeding into the equalizer display system.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #189

I spoke to someone else at Patrick industries today, and they told me that it's normal for the equalizer display to not correspond to what audio is playing, but I'm skeptical (why bother having the display then ?)
I also don't recall the old unit behaving like that (perhaps someone could check theirs for me?)
I might hang on to the old unit until next weekend and check the display on that, before returning it (unless someone can confirm that really is normal)
Old 08-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
I spoke to someone else at Patrick industries today, and they told me that it's normal for the equalizer display to not correspond to what audio is playing, but I'm skeptical (why bother having the display then ?)
I also don't recall the old unit behaving like that (perhaps someone could check theirs for me?)
I might hang on to the old unit until next weekend and check the display on that, before returning it (unless someone can confirm that really is normal)
My WJ is at the dealer having a little work done but I don't remember my EQ screen doing anything when I had it displayed.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
I never paid attention to the equalizer until the sound quit... then its movement indicated to me output was occurring. Not sure it actually represents highs, lows and mid ranges... might be more decor than anything... but will check and get back to you
Old 08-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #192
Always Learning

Bob, I emailed customer support with this and got a confirmation that it is how it works. But, let me voice my sincere displeasure at it...

Every time we turn the radio on all 3 zones play. This means that the living room plays (typically we want), the bedroom plays (almost never want), and the outside plays (only occasionally we want). We have to then turn off 2 of the 3 zones. But, since the last time the kids played it at rock concert level- in the bedroom you hear a heart stopping squelch of music that is then stopped and outside you hear a slightly longer belch of music that is then stopped. If you're especially lucky, you forget that the radio turns all of the zones on and your front-side neighbors get to endure 44 minutes of cartoons before someone wanders up to the bedroom as has an "ugh, crap" moment.

At a minimum, the radio should remember the zone settings for the last use; I'm guessing that this should be something that you should be able to offer up as a software patch.

Maybe better would be a configuration screen that allows you to specify "on power on" zone settings since you typically have a TV that you can have a menu system. This may or may not be something you could software control.

Even better, throw a watch-battery on the mother board so that it can remember whatever settings across the removal of power totally (shore and battery power since many of us use battery disconnects).

I raise this as today I was on a conference call with 3 customers and in the middle of me talking *twice* my kids turned the radio on in order to have some tunes in the living room. Having to explain what sounded like radio squelch and stay professional was tricky. My work doesn't care that I RV and work as long as they can't tell. Those kind of flub-ups make my life difficult. At this point, I'm debating just disconnecting the bedroom speakers but it still leaves the outside speakers as an issue.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Bob, I emailed customer support with this and got a confirmation that it is how it works. But, let me voice my sincere displeasure at it...
100% agree that this is terrible.
My car stereo remembers it's settings even when disconnected from battery.
My home theater receiver remembers it's settings, including which zones are on, even when power is cut.
Surely this could remember settings, with or without 12v power.

Also, independent volume levels for each zone would be good, but I'm guessing that they're driving all the stereo speakers from a single amp stage (so my outside speakers are pretty quiet unless the inside speakers are deafening)
Old 08-18-2015, 06:24 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamperKen1967 View Post
I never paid attention to the equalizer until the sound quit... then its movement indicated to me output was occurring. Not sure it actually represents highs, lows and mid ranges... might be more decor than anything... but will check and get back to you
Thanks KamperKen
Old 08-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #195

Hey guys got my replacement radio put in to day. Volume works fine I am not sure about the DVD player yet as I don't have shore power at my storage place.

I noticed my left outside speaker is not working so I will need to figure that out. This brings me to the wires and color codes, my intended question should have been is there a chart that tells me which wires go to bed room, outside, living area surround sound(front back) speakers etc..

Thanks for the help, this forum is great....

Kansas Wind
Kansas Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #196

There was a wiring diagram on the top of my iRV 33
Old 08-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Wind View Post
Hey guys got my replacement radio put in to day. Volume works fine I am not sure about the DVD player yet as I don't have shore power at my storage place.

I noticed my left outside speaker is not working so I will need tog figure that out. This brings me to the wires and color codes, my intended question should have been is there a chart that tells me which wires go to bed room, outside, living area surround sound(front back) speakers etc..

Thanks for the help, this forum is great....

Kansas Wind
Yeah, there is a wiring pin number/color chart on top of the unit. However I noticed that the wiring colors on the harness inside my Rockwood did not match the wire colors on that chart, or on the harness provided with the new unit. (If the same is true for you then you should be able to work out how to translate from one to the other by comparing the harness wire colors and using the chart)
Old 08-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #198

Just ordered Sat.

This is not looking well for a rig not even starting construction.

Will a Jensen fit the same hole? My old Sony Boom Box may have to travel along with the laptop for a DVD player. Not good!!!!!!

I will really look into the PDI when the new one arrives.

Here's a thought: Crutchfield!
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #199

I would like to say thank you to Nelson for his help with my IRV 66 radio at the Goshen rally. The unit works perfect now.

Thank you Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #200

iRV66

We bought a 2016 2703s Rockwood in April. While we love the unit , the radio (iRV66) has been nothing but problems. The latest is the radio will only power up from the remote, unable to shut it off !! must pull fuse !! Put in DVD and will not eject. The only controls that work are the volume and tuning knobs. Radio is stuck on FM1. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK. Shame on Rockwood for not putting a decent radio in such a nice travel trailer.
nunzio33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio