Old 05-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #101
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
You are correct, the iRV33 has had few issues discussed here.

Often times folks don't include what model system they have instead using only the brand name which can make it difficult to provide assistance and follow a thread as it quickly goes off topic.

A model number should always be included no matter what RV system we are discussing in order to more quickly allow others to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I thought it was the iRV 66 model that was causing all the problems. I have an iRV 33 model and it appears to work fine. Never tried the USB or memory stick. The CD works. Not sure if I tried the changer with multiple CD's.

I just have not heard too much in the iRV 33 model.

Vin.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #102

iRV33

They sent me a new unit and i put it in (simple) and it works. I sent the old one back. I was a little disappointed in Forest River's installation. It calls for 4 screws, my unit had two screws holding it in. After i installed it i noticed one of my outside speakers is not working. That will be an issue when i take the unit in, i didn't want to break the caulking around the speaker housing. I think they need to step up the quality at the factory. Are the Amish in a big rush to to get back to the farm? I noticed they tend to go "cheap" thinking no one will notice. I threw away the sewer hose that came with the unit, it was flimsy. The hose was also very cheap. People notice these little things and it gives a bad impression.
Every notice when you buy a really good product, everything is good quality. Buy a Hells Bay Skiff, Porche, Shallow Sport Boat, they never go cheap on anything. Forest River needs to get a little better, that's all.
I am very happy with the 2304DS, great unit, would buy again!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #103

Contacted Nelson also and like others he is sending me a new radio. Love this forum. so much helpful information. I actually Knew my radio was probably broke before my TT even came in .And I didn't even bother to Bring it up at the PDI. The only draw back on this forum is it sometimes cost me way to much money. Thanks every one
Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #104

I spoke to Todd at Patrick industries today.
This was ABSOLUTELY the easiest warranty issue I have ever had taken care of.
Told him my problem with the speakers cutting out. Told him I would change it out myself unless I had to go to the dealer.
Todd told me that he wasn't sure that the Forrest River inventory had been tested so he would send me a new unit directly.
Took my information, said it would ship tomorrow.
Whole phone call took less than 10 minutes. Thumbs UP to them for taking care of their customers!!!!!
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
You are correct, the iRV33 has had few issues discussed here.

Often times folks don't include what model system they have instead using only the brand name which can make it difficult to provide assistance and follow a thread as it quickly goes off topic.

A model number should always be included no matter what RV system we are discussing in order to more quickly allow others to help.
Bob - I don't have one of these radios yet, but have been shopping for a a Rockwood 8310ss as my next camper that comes with one. I wanted to say thanks very much for your support of your product. Any manufacture can have an issue from time to time, it's how they handle the problem that sets them above the rest or not, and your support for this radio issue appears to me to be extremely good. Thanks again for your all your help.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #106

Currently have a Concertone ZX600 in my '09 2603 Rockwood. Unit was working okay until late last year when it started 'eating' CDs and sometimes the DVDs. Have to remove the face plates and dig out the disc with tweezers.
Because I'm a full-time RVer, I was considering replacing it with the iR66. Until I read this thread.

Questions:
1. Are the iRV66 units for sale on RVTronics website the newer 'versions'? aka those in which all these problems are now resolved?
2. If so, will the wiring harness adapter be compatible with that for the Concertone ZX600?
3. Is the iRV66 compatible with the Vizio TVs? I'm tired of squinting at the current stock 19" TV (Venturer).

TIA
Old 05-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
I spoke to Todd at Patrick industries today.
This was ABSOLUTELY the easiest warranty issue I have ever had taken care of.
Told him my problem with the speakers cutting out. Told him I would change it out myself unless I had to go to the dealer.
Todd told me that he wasn't sure that the Forrest River inventory had been tested so he would send me a new unit directly.
Took my information, said it would ship tomorrow.
Whole phone call took less than 10 minutes. Thumbs UP to them for taking care of their customers!!!!!
Hope to have the new radio here tomorrow.
Can someone tell me the easiest way to get the Trim Ring off without breaking the clips that hold it on? Just pry from the outside?
Thanks
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
Hope to have the new radio here tomorrow.
Can someone tell me the easiest way to get the Trim Ring off without breaking the clips that hold it on? Just pry from the outside?
Thanks
I use a flat screw driver and coax the trim off. Must have patience, though. Just work around the entire perimeter of the face trims.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #109

Received my new radio yesterday (It came in two days) and installed it in less than 10 min. Works great ! Now I can listen to it in the living room with out screaming to the DW .
Old 05-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #110

Forest River is still shipping the bad iRV 66. Picked up my 2703ws this week, was built early this month, and it has the loud volume 1 - 7 issue. May alert my dealer of the problem and wait a bit before trying to get a replacement. Makes no sense replacing it with another bad one from their stock.

Tags
radio