Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcloud1 View Post
If you have an irv66 radio call this guy and they will replace your ragging.
Todd Eash
574-970-8287

Very nice person. State your issue and which model radio you have. he will get your shipping address, phone number and a credit card number to secure the core. They will ship new stereo to you with a return shipping label. Send back old stereo to avoid getting charged for it once you have new one in.
nunzio33z Hi call Todd Eash at the number listed above and he can have a new and tested unit shipped to you. Your can also have the dealer fix this for you. The radios are very easy to change out.

Hope this helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
I spoke to someone else at Patrick industries today, and they told me that it's normal for the equalizer display to not correspond to what audio is playing, but I'm skeptical (why bother having the display then ?)
I also don't recall the old unit behaving like that (perhaps someone could check theirs for me?)
I might hang on to the old unit until next weekend and check the display on that, before returning it (unless someone can confirm that really is normal)
So, at the weekend I temporarily re-connected the old stereo (hadn't sent it back yet) and can definitely confirm that the visual display did used to respond to audio levels, but it only did so at relatively high volume (no display at low volume)
Seems like the fix for the audio cutting out at low volume was to fake a signal into the DSP so that it thinks the level is higher than it really is, in order to prevent it cutting out.
Obviously a complete hack of a fix, and just working around the original issue rather than really fixing the root cause issue. Not sure of the hack is in software or hardware tho.
(I'd like to get hold of schematics and source code for this unit, since I'm a software engineer but also with an electronics degree, so pretty sure I could come up with a better fix: however I suspect there's little chance of getting access to those ... our that I'd have the time to do it)

Still, pretty annoying and distracting that the display just constantly flickers now
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #203

My new rig's irv 66 sound works, but I can't access the mute, audio, or setup buttons on either the unit or on the remote. Any suggestions?

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphieAdie View Post
My new rig's irv 66 sound works, but I can't access the mute, audio, or setup buttons on either the unit or on the remote. Any suggestions?
Put dvd in the irv 66 push play and you will be able to get to the setup menu.
Check the remote battery's they may be dead or in back wards.
Why they programmed or setup this way is beyond me (egg head engineer).

Hope This Helps Tim
Old 01-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #205

Thanks Tim. That worked. Any suggestions on how to use only one remote for the TV. Checked both owner's manuals for the LG TV and the irv doesn't seem possible with either.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA

Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #206
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Thanks Tim. That worked. Any suggestions on how to use only one remote for the TV. Checked both owner's manuals for the LG TV and the irv doesn't seem possible with either.
Ralphie,

The iRV will work with the LG TV but not without problems.
We were able to program the iRV remote to the TV and it works OK to power both units on/off but the other functions are askew.

It seems the iRV remote 'remembers' what the last TV function was and then commands that function through the iRV remote... but backwards... meaning... if I turn the volume down with the TV remote and then try to turn the volume UP with the iRV, it ALSO turns down the TV volume. Same with channels.

We only got to use our 5er a few short times before having to put it to bed for winter. Trying to correct this anomaly is my first priority this spring.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #207

Quote:
call this guy he may have information on how to program your lg remote or can direct you to some one who can. If you find a way please let us know.
Todd Eash
574-970-8287
Old 01-16-2016, 02:53 AM   #208

On my Third Unit

Purchased my 2015 Flagstaff TT in April of 2015. As of now, I'm on my third unit. My issue was skipping audio, whether cd/dvd/radio or bluetooth! Today I listened to the third unit and did not hear any skips. However, I must say that the designer of this unit must be an idiot. Every time the unit is turned on, the default on ALL the speakers in ON. If I'm in the number 1 area (living area), I can only hear the speakers there. But since all, 1, 2 and 3 areas are on I can be blasting my neighbor with the outside speakers, or worse yet, waking my wife in the bedroom area, and not even KNOW it! The unit should default to No. 1 only! I would like to see your responses to this issue. Thanks.
PoppyKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #209

I 2X the above. And why doesn't it remember the lady volume setting. The default is too loud.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA

Old 01-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #210

X3 on the speakers defaulting to all on. Would love to find a fix :-(
Air Lift AirCells, Blue Ox BX1500
rogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #211

I have a feeling that although this is a Forest River Forum, that they don't really pay attention to it. As it stands with all the issues I've had with this, I will NEVER buy another Forest River product.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #212
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyKeith View Post
I have a feeling that although this is a Forest River Forum, that they don't really pay attention to it. As it stands with all the issues I've had with this, I will NEVER buy another Forest River product.
The I RV system is not a FR product.
No more than the fridge or furnace or a/c and so on.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #213

But Forest River continues to do business with these companies of products that they put in their RV's. I see several years of problems with these IRV's and I don't know why they don't go to another company!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #214

This weekend when I was watching DVD's and listening to the radio it seemed that the remote took two, three, or four pushes on the buttons to get the unit to respond. I have a 2016 Flagstaff 26FKWS. I was thinking it may be the battery in the remote.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #215

Quote:
Purchased my 2015 Flagstaff TT in April of 2015. As of now, I'm on my third unit. My issue was skipping audio, whether cd/dvd/radio or bluetooth! Today I listened to the third unit and did not hear any skips. However, I must say that the designer of this unit must be an idiot. Every time the unit is turned on, the default on ALL the speakers in ON. If I'm in the number 1 area (living area), I can only hear the speakers there. But since all, 1, 2 and 3 areas are on I can be blasting my neighbor with the outside speakers, or worse yet, waking my wife in the bedroom area, and not even KNOW it! The unit should default to No. 1 only! I would like to see your responses to this issue. Thanks.
I'm seriously thinking of installing a couple of double-pole, single-throw switches to the outside speaker and bedroom speaker outputs. We very rarely use the output there, and having to remember to turn those zones off every single time we use it is far more hassle that it would be to just flip a switch on the rare occasions when we might actually want to use them.

It should even be possible to wire in a remote-controlled switch, which defaults to off, which could be controlled with a universal remote.

P.S. Why oh why do I keep making so many new projects for myself. I still have a backlog to work through
Old 02-10-2016, 08:39 AM   #216
Georgia Rally Coordinator

You could use the I RV APP to control your radio. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #217

leefl, I don't have the knowledge to do all that, but I'm glad you're doing it. I finally decided to fix anything I can on the trailer whether it's a warranted issue or not. Unless it's a major component. Happy RVing!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #218

I was wondering why all the speakers kept coming on, even tho I had selected only area one before turning the unit off, I'll have to remember to turn them off. The I RV App sounds good for a smart phone user I still use a flip phone because it Mill Spec and almost unbreakable so far! lol
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #219
Always Learning

Quote:
I have a feeling that although this is a Forest River Forum, that they don't really pay attention to it.

Forest Rive doesn't have to pay attention as the forum isn't affiliated/associated with it at all. Don't know if you use the website, but it says so on the bottom of every page.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #220

Forest River may not pay attention to the forum but some Dealers do. I wrote a positive review of a dealer and the next day they had posted a link to the review online when you searched their name. Hopefully the I RV folks are checking the forum, we are their best and biggest no cost R&D department.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS

Tags
radio