Old 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #111

We're getting our replacement next week. I've informed the dealer that it's probably bad, since they've had it for a while. If it is bad, I'm going to contact Patrick Industries and deal directly with them.

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #112
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Hello Texas Coyote!

To answer your questions:

1. The units on sale are fully tested and will not have the problems documented here thanks to the good work by the radio manufacturer in resolving.

2. The wiring is not compatible as the ZX600 was the last unit built with that wiring configuration. The follow on ZX690/700 & GT3.0 were changed and t he iRV is a plug and play replacement for those with your wiring harness adapter.

3. The iRV66 has multiple HDMI outputs and is compatible with today's TV's. Don't forget when your ZX600 was built we did not even have some the available audio/video formats that are commonplace today.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and feel free to contact me directly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCoyote View Post
Currently have a Concertone ZX600 in my '09 2603 Rockwood. Unit was working okay until late last year when it started 'eating' CDs and sometimes the DVDs. Have to remove the face plates and dig out the disc with tweezers.
Because I'm a full-time RVer, I was considering replacing it with the iR66. Until I read this thread.

Questions:
1. Are the iRV66 units for sale on RVTronics website the newer 'versions'? aka those in which all these problems are now resolved?
2. If so, will the wiring harness adapter be compatible with that for the Concertone ZX600?
3. Is the iRV66 compatible with the Vizio TVs? I'm tired of squinting at the current stock 19" TV (Venturer).

TIA

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #113
Owner - RVtronics

If you request a replacement directly from Patrick Industries you will absolutely get a corrected unit (as evidenced by the many new posts stating so).

You can contact Todd Eash at (574) 970-8287

Quote:
Originally Posted by antro View Post
Forest River is still shipping the bad iRV 66. Picked up my 2703ws this week, was built early this month, and it has the loud volume 1 - 7 issue. May alert my dealer of the problem and wait a bit before trying to get a replacement. Makes no sense replacing it with another bad one from their stock.
(781) 281-9440
Old 05-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #114

Thanks Bob. Had my dealer talk to Todd directly and he called me and a new iRv 66 is on the way.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #115
Owner - RVtronics

Good News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antro View Post
Thanks Bob. Had my dealer talk to Todd directly and he called me and a new iRv 66 is on the way.
(781) 281-9440
Old 05-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNBINFV View Post
We're getting our replacement next week. I've informed the dealer that it's probably bad, since they've had it for a while. If it is bad, I'm going to contact Patrick Industries and deal directly with them.
New unit installed yesterday by the dealer . I didn't have them check it when I picked it up, since it's taken since early January to get the warranty work completed. The new one has the volume issue. Called Todd just now, they will ship a new one on Tuesday.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #117

Glad I stumbled across this thread!! I picked up my new TT the end of April and the radio has been unusable, also couldn't watch MP4's from a USB drive on it. I called Todd and he's shipping one out next Tuesday as well. All I have to do is ship the defective one back to them when I replace it with the new one. He also requested a credit card from just in case I don't send it back but that's not going to be a problem.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #118

Installed my new radio today and the volume works as expected. I'm a happy camper now! Thanks for all the input.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #119

I have the same problem with my radio cutting out (picked up new in Nov 2014). My dealer (Camping World) replaced the radio before I picked it up back in Nov because they said the radio was bad. Obviously they didn't QC the new radio because it is bad also. Called my dealer today and they told me they couldn't even get my camper in to "diagnose" the issue until the middle of June and then it would take several weeks to get a new radio from Forest River. I told them there is not much to diagnose....the radio has issues which are very easy to hear. (That didn't help). :-)

So is everyone basically saying I should forget going through my dealer and to just give Todd Eash a call (574-970-8287)? Does he work for Forest River? Or for the radio manufacturer? Will this affect my warranty in any way? I am a little leary of "NOT" going through my dealer for these kinds of things but waiting another month or two to get this resolved through my dealer is not sitting well with me.

I am hoping this is a painless process....
Old 05-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #120

They might not cover the radio, if there's a way they can tell you changed it, like a serial number or something but I don't think it would affect the warranty on the rest of the trailer.

I asked them about putting casters on the frame of my 3008W and they said it would void the warranty on the frame but didn't say anything about the the rest of the trailer. How can they say changing the radio effected anything else?

strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio