Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #241
Western PA Happy Campers

Just called Todd Eash and he is sending a new unit today! Thanks to all who ferreted out the contact info to solve these radio problems. X2 on the optical cable.
lciaramitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #242
Ambassador

Got mine replaced because of this issue. New one works much better.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #243

Got it replaced!

Thanx to this forum, we tried out our iRV66 in our new Rockwood as we are preping it for our 1st trip only to discover that it had all the issues everyone else had. I called Todd Eash & received a replacement in less than a week. We installed it yesterday....very easily, I must add and it is awesome! We are happy campers! The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to play the movies on a flash drive. I plugged in the flash & then nothing happened. I also put one of those movies on a disc in the correct FAT32 format & also nothing. Does anyone have any tips? I'm not a techy so I hope it's an easy solution.......of course the easiest is to take the few dvds I have or hit Redbox.
SophieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieP View Post
Thanx to this forum, we tried out our iRV66 in our new Rockwood as we are preping it for our 1st trip only to discover that it had all the issues everyone else had. I called Todd Eash & received a replacement in less than a week. We installed it yesterday....very easily, I must add and it is awesome! We are happy campers! The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to play the movies on a flash drive. I plugged in the flash & then nothing happened. I also put one of those movies on a disc in the correct FAT32 format & also nothing. Does anyone have any tips? I'm not a techy so I hope it's an easy solution.......of course the easiest is to take the few dvds I have or hit Redbox.
Did you select he correct source?

Bruce
Old 04-11-2016, 07:36 AM   #245

Probably not.....hubby was rushing me and was afraid I would screw everything up. I'll be able to fool around with it when we go camping in 2 weeks. I'll take the flash drive with me.....just have to figure out to to set it all up to work correctly.
SophieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #246

I've never tried playing movies via USB on the iRV, because I know it won't support the format of a lot of my movies. I know from reading that it's very picky about both the format of the USB storage, and the format of the movie file itself (codecs etc).
I'll be taking a USB harddrive with us on our next big trip, and using the Playstation (which we just use to watch blurays) to play the movies in the main living area, and the samsung bedroom TV for if we want to watch any in the bedroom.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #247
Western PA Happy Campers

New iRV 66 showed up yesterday and got it installed. New unit works great! Thanks to Todd at Patrick Industries.
lciaramitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by lciaramitaro View Post
New iRV 66 showed up yesterday and got it installed. New unit works great! Thanks to Todd at Patrick Industries.
I'd be interested to hear if the visual display on the front of the unit works normally for you. The display on ours jumps around regardless of whether there's any sound, and certainly doesn't work as a normal equalizer display. It's mildly irritating
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #249

I talked to Nelson at Patrick Ind (tech guy) and he told me I needed to add component video cables to be able to view video from my iPod and I assume the USB port. When I followed the manual I would only get the sound from the iPod video and TV screen stayed blank. So I'm gong to add the cables and see what happens.

My equalizer also jumps around even with the volume down low, but it doesn't bother me
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #250

I just contacted Todd and he is sending an IRV 34 to replace my bad unit. Awesome CS
Old 04-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
I just contacted Todd and he is sending an IRV 34 to replace my bad unit. Awesome CS
Make sure you read the included addendum for the iRV 34. I thought mine was bad because all zones worked except zone 3, which just played static. I was packaging it up to send it back and found the piece of paper that explained that Zone 3 can play a separate source and was actually tuned to FM, hence the static.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:24 AM   #252

Is there a way to switch speaker 3 from the radio to CD? and I wish there was a way to adjust the volume on the outside speakers.
NC Robi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Robi View Post
Is there a way to switch speaker 3 from the radio to CD? and I wish there was a way to adjust the volume on the outside speakers.
Do you have the iRV33 or 34? See my post above yours about the iRV34.
stairs, and counting...
Old 04-30-2016, 09:13 AM   #254

It's an iRV 34. I just wasn't sure if that meant that it has to stay on FM or not. We had such a good system in our last mini lite that we were disappointed that this didn't work the same. (just don't remember what that system was!)
Old 04-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #255

You can change the source and the volume for zone 3. I'm not home so I don't have the instructions on how to do it. I'll check when I get home.
stairs, and counting...
Old 05-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #256

Sorry I am a year late, but never saw your reply to my post.

Do I understand correctly that to replace my now-fully dead ZX600 and install the iRV66 I need an adapter between that unit's wiring and the existing wiring? Or all of the wiring needs to be replaced?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Hello Texas Coyote!

To answer your questions:

1. The units on sale are fully tested and will not have the problems documented here thanks to the good work by the radio manufacturer in resolving.

2. The wiring is not compatible as the ZX600 was the last unit built with that wiring configuration. The follow on ZX690/700 & GT3.0 were changed and t he iRV is a plug and play replacement for those with your wiring harness adapter.

3. The iRV66 has multiple HDMI outputs and is compatible with today's TV's. Don't forget when your ZX600 was built we did not even have some the available audio/video formats that are commonplace today.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and feel free to contact me directly!
TexasCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #257

In regards to Todd Eash at Patrick Industries, for replacement IRV-66.
This guy is AMAZING. Thank you so much for referring me to him. A few quick questions and my replacement is getting ready to ship!
Thank YOU guys, for having this forum so that newer RV'ers like myself don't pull ALL of our hair out when we have issues!

Kathy
kat3cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
You can change the source and the volume for zone 3. I'm not home so I don't have the instructions on how to do it. I'll check when I get home.
I wrote to Forest River and they sent me these instructions (which weren't included in the booklet with the iRV34 that we got.) I finally got a chance to test it today.
With radio on in normal mode you can turn any zone on/off with a quick push of any zone (! 2 or 3)
To change source for zone 3:
Push and hold zone 3 button until the display reads Z3 followed by the current source that zone is playing, such as Radio/DVD/BT. Then push the mode button to change the source that is on zone 3. Now the volume knob is controlling on the source of zone 3 playback.
To control the volume on zone 1 and 2: Press and hold zone 1 for two seconds and now the volume knob is controlling zone 1 and 2 and all other operations are back to normal.

Hope this is helpful to someone else.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:23 PM   #259

I RV radio

IRV technologies- DVD sound cuts in and out when movie is playing. Is there a fix? I have reset all the system settings. The trailer is brand new.
Kajw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:41 AM   #260

Thank you NC Robi
We have a 2017 Mini Lite (2109S) with the IRV 34 and in the PDI, they sort of skipped over the IRV and handed us the booklet which doesn't talk at all about Zone 3.

We got home and I turned it on and Zone 3 just blasted away! I shut it down and put it on my list to look at but frankly was a bit concerned about turning it back on as the volume was so loud! I just printed off the instructions you posted and will try it this morning, once everyone is awake!

2017 Rockwood 2109s Mini Lite
Campah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio