Old 01-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #11

My dealer said there are no compatible replacement from Forrest River. It sounds like that might also be incorrect. Last week, I was looking at other units myself. I have the megnadyne RV5090 from Amazon in my wishlist right now. With no clear information from Forrest river I am considering replacements. The 5090 does appear to be able to control the big base speaker in the bottom of the cabinet, but it has good reviews.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #12

I took delivery of mine April 25th '14, you would think my Genesis is the older unit...

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #13

I put a Polk soundbar 5000 with wireless sub in last night. It sounds amazing. So much better than factory. I tied into the iRv outputs via the rca out on the back. Anything that plays through the IRV will play through the soundbar. Dvd plays via hdmi and sounds great. Soundbar has built in Bluetooth to stream audio.

The sub took a little work I pulled the factory pos out and put the Polk in the same place. I had to wire a plug too All in all it was pretty easy.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #14

Do you just keep the factory speakers turned off and listen to the sound bar?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #15

Yes turn off the other speakers it sounds much better
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1422144258.412169.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	68800
Old 02-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #16

We had a 2013 with the Genesis unit, it was wired incorrectly when we got it so we couldn't play DVD's. The floor plan of our 2013 didn't work for us, so we replaced it with a new 8281 which has the iRV 66 stereo. When we got it I put a DVD in and the stereo literally ate it - no way to get the disc out. We used the radio and had the issue with the sound breaking up. Been waiting for almost 8 weeks for a replacement unit.

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #17

I picked up a replacement irv66 Saturday and installed it. My 2 month wait is over. It mostly works as it should. There is no more "skipping" in the sound. However the lowest volume setting is very loud. Sound setting 1 is more like a 10 or 12 on normal radio scale. It is good enough, I suppose. I had no other trouble with it. Now I just have to engineer a way to play a DVD in the bedroom.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #18

I had the same problem where the speakers would cut in and out. The dealer called FR and got me a replacement which I installed today. It resolved the problem for the speakers cutting in and out but now the volume control does not differentiate between 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. After the 5 setting it gets gradually louder, but 1 to 5 is the same level and it's too loud. Called the dealer and they are contacting FR again.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #19

Please post if they fix the volume problem. Mine has no change from 1 to 12 since they "fixed" it. I have not complained about yet. I will call them tomorrow about it. I wasn't going to, but I snowed in anyway.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #20

No problem. As soon as I here from the dealer I will post a reply.

Tags
radio