Old 08-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcloud1 View Post
If you have an irv66 radio call this guy and they will replace your ragging.
Todd Eash
574-970-8287

Very nice person. State your issue and which model radio you have. he will get your shipping address, phone number and a credit card number to secure the core. They will ship new stereo to you with a return shipping label. Send back old stereo to avoid getting charged for it once you have new one in.
nunzio33z Hi call Todd Eash at the number listed above and he can have a new and tested unit shipped to you. Your can also have the dealer fix this for you. The radios are very easy to change out.

Hope this helps Tim

Old 08-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
I spoke to someone else at Patrick industries today, and they told me that it's normal for the equalizer display to not correspond to what audio is playing, but I'm skeptical (why bother having the display then ?)
I also don't recall the old unit behaving like that (perhaps someone could check theirs for me?)
I might hang on to the old unit until next weekend and check the display on that, before returning it (unless someone can confirm that really is normal)
So, at the weekend I temporarily re-connected the old stereo (hadn't sent it back yet) and can definitely confirm that the visual display did used to respond to audio levels, but it only did so at relatively high volume (no display at low volume)
Seems like the fix for the audio cutting out at low volume was to fake a signal into the DSP so that it thinks the level is higher than it really is, in order to prevent it cutting out.
Obviously a complete hack of a fix, and just working around the original issue rather than really fixing the root cause issue. Not sure of the hack is in software or hardware tho.
(I'd like to get hold of schematics and source code for this unit, since I'm a software engineer but also with an electronics degree, so pretty sure I could come up with a better fix: however I suspect there's little chance of getting access to those ... our that I'd have the time to do it)

Still, pretty annoying and distracting that the display just constantly flickers now

Old 01-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #203

My new rig's irv 66 sound works, but I can't access the mute, audio, or setup buttons on either the unit or on the remote. Any suggestions?

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphieAdie View Post
My new rig's irv 66 sound works, but I can't access the mute, audio, or setup buttons on either the unit or on the remote. Any suggestions?
Put dvd in the irv 66 push play and you will be able to get to the setup menu.
Check the remote battery's they may be dead or in back wards.
Why they programmed or setup this way is beyond me (egg head engineer).

Hope This Helps Tim
Old 01-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #205

Thanks Tim. That worked. Any suggestions on how to use only one remote for the TV. Checked both owner's manuals for the LG TV and the irv doesn't seem possible with either.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA

Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #206

Quote:
Thanks Tim. That worked. Any suggestions on how to use only one remote for the TV. Checked both owner's manuals for the LG TV and the irv doesn't seem possible with either.
Ralphie,

The iRV will work with the LG TV but not without problems.
We were able to program the iRV remote to the TV and it works OK to power both units on/off but the other functions are askew.

It seems the iRV remote 'remembers' what the last TV function was and then commands that function through the iRV remote... but backwards... meaning... if I turn the volume down with the TV remote and then try to turn the volume UP with the iRV, it ALSO turns down the TV volume. Same with channels.

We only got to use our 5er a few short times before having to put it to bed for winter. Trying to correct this anomaly is my first priority this spring.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #207

Quote:
call this guy he may have information on how to program your lg remote or can direct you to some one who can. If you find a way please let us know.
Todd Eash
574-970-8287
Old 01-16-2016, 02:53 AM   #208

On my Third Unit

Purchased my 2015 Flagstaff TT in April of 2015. As of now, I'm on my third unit. My issue was skipping audio, whether cd/dvd/radio or bluetooth! Today I listened to the third unit and did not hear any skips. However, I must say that the designer of this unit must be an idiot. Every time the unit is turned on, the default on ALL the speakers in ON. If I'm in the number 1 area (living area), I can only hear the speakers there. But since all, 1, 2 and 3 areas are on I can be blasting my neighbor with the outside speakers, or worse yet, waking my wife in the bedroom area, and not even KNOW it! The unit should default to No. 1 only! I would like to see your responses to this issue. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #209

I 2X the above. And why doesn't it remember the lady volume setting. The default is too loud.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA

Old 01-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #210

X3 on the speakers defaulting to all on. Would love to find a fix :-(

Air Lift AirCells, Blue Ox BX1500
rogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio