Old 03-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #231

Who at Forrest River do I contact to get another IRV 66 technologies DVD. The speakers keep cutting in and out and I cannot get a Forrest River dealer to set up time to replace it until late June, in which case I will be out of warranty. I will be happy to replace it myself and return the defective unit. I just need to know who to contact.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #232

Try this thread. It has a contact sheet for both warranty and parts.

flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #233
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

You can call Todd Eash at Patrick Industry(574-970-8287) and they will send you a replacement free of charge, but you must return the old unit. Not hard to replace. Got mine in about 3 days. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhart99 View Post
Who at Forrest River do I contact to get another IRV 66 technologies DVD. The speakers keep cutting in and out and I cannot get a Forrest River dealer to set up time to replace it until late June, in which case I will be out of warranty. I will be happy to replace it myself and return the defective unit. I just need to know who to contact.
Contact Todd Eash at Patrick Industries (just search forum posts for his name for contact details, or I can find later), as the audio cutting out is a known issuesand they'll send you a replacement unit.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #235

I had to go thru my dealer. I'm on my third IRV66 and it seems fine.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:34 PM   #236

Thank you all. I contacted Todd Eash and he is shipping one to me. What a relief.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #237

I finally got mine mostly straightened out last night. I had to pull the unit and connect everything up correctly. The RCA plugs for the TV were in the output jacks and needed to be moved to the input jacks. The A and B speakers were of course wired wrong. It was bad enough that I had to rewire but any wire that was not used during installation had been cut short which made it tougher to properly connect the correct wires.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post
I finally got mine mostly straightened out last night. I had to pull the unit and connect everything up correctly. The RCA plugs for the TV were in the output jacks and needed to be moved to the input jacks. The A and B speakers were of course wired wrong. It was bad enough that I had to rewire but any wire that was not used during installation had been cut short which made it tougher to properly connect the correct wires.
If you have a TV with an optical output I'd thoroughly recommend ditching the RCA plugs, and instead running a TOSlink optical cable from the TV to the back of the unit. That way you can have Dolby 5.1 from any TV channels that broadcast it, and at least digital stereo for the rest.
(Just select the digital input for audio, I think they label it as 'DOT/DCC' on the screen iirc)

I ran a cheap optical cable ($6 from amazon) along the same path as the HDMI cable)

Alternatively if your TV support HDMI-ARC (audio return channel), and you connect the HDMI cable to the correct ports on both the TV and the iRV then you can just use the HDMI cable for digital audio (unfortunately my current TV doesn't support ARC)
Old 03-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #239
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
Contact Todd Eash at Patrick Industries (just search forum posts for his name for contact details, or I can find later), as the audio cutting out is a known issuesand they'll send you a replacement unit.
Guess you did not read my post num 233. Gave him all the info he needed. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Guess you did not read my post num 233. Gave him all the info he needed. Later RJD
Actually I posted that reply before your post had appeared.
I guess we were replying at the same time, or I'd left the page open in my browser for a while. Thanks for digging out the info tho

Tags
radio