Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #41

I picked up my camper today from the dealer. They were unable to fix the radio. They tell me Forest River is going to have the radio manufacturer to test a radio and ship it directly to the dealer instead of shipping it to Forest River. My dealer doesn't have much hope. He thinks the manufacturer of the radio is blaming Forest River for the problems. As the buyer of a new camper I don't care, all I want is a radio that works.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #42
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Sorry to hear they were unable to fix the radio. As I mention in another thread, the factory has this resolved and is working with FR to get into the field for replacements. You should be resolved soon.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #43

Bob Fields, are you with IRV radio or Forest River? If so, great to hear that a fix is coming. I look forward to getting this resolved. Thanks for any info you have, Chuck

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #44
Owner - RVtronics

Hi Chuck,

I don't work for iRV nor FR, but I know them both well and am working WITH iRV on a separate project (announcement to follow). I was formally with the company that made the Concertone & Genesis products (although I left them in 2013) and was very active here providing support. I also attended the very first FROG Rally in Branson, MO (before FROG became an official FR group) providing the Mrs Fields Cookies and "refreshments."

No question these issues are frustrating and I can assure you all parties care and are committed to resolving asap. As I mentioned in another thread, the radio folks are great and honorable people as are the good folks at FR.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #45

Hey Bob,

That is good info as I have a 2015 Flagstaff that had the Genesis unit but due to a cracked trim ring and "phantom powering on" it was replaced with the irv66. This weekend I tried to get the BT to work, it says it linked but would not work and I tried to run my television sound through it which could not be accomplished either. In the book it says to press the Video button to get to the Set-Up Menus but the menus never showed up and we also have the high volume problem when it is set at 1. How will we know when the "fix" is released? Should I go ahead and talk to my dealer but tell them to wait for the "fix"? I feel like this will be risky since communication back to the customer is very weak from this dealer after they have your money.

John
Old 04-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #46
Owner - RVtronics

Hi John,

At the end of the day, I have found most people mean well (especially dealers) but they just may not have the most up to date information and I am sure when they replaced your unit with this unit, the troubleshooting of the overall issue may have either been still underway or in process. Either way, you have an issue that needs to be dealt with.

You have a multi prong question, would you mind calling or emailing me your number so I may call you?

Thanks!
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #47
Engineer of Crazy Train

@Bob Fields,

Looking at the specs on my IRV33, I like them. 1GB max drive though? I may have to get a new drive as I have a 2GB drive right now for my ripped BluRays. Few Questions.

The MP4 Support, does it support 720p video? That is what I rip my BluRays down to.
Do you know of an outdoor HDMI port where I can plug the TV into? This is for outdoor movie night.

Matt
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #48
Owner - RVtronics

Hi Matt

The max drive is 1TB not 1GB.

I am having a movie ripped and tested today and will get back to you.

Are you looking for a weather existent HDMI to install?
In my quick research I don't see an outdoor port or wall plate, but there are plenty of HDMI wall plates that would make in installation look clean. I would say, depending on where you are installing the TV or if you simply want HDMI available outside so you can have a TV outside may determine if you want a location specific wall plate (where you still need to connect a cable between the plate and the TV or whether you may want a cable storage area where one side is already connected and the other can be pulled to where you setup the TV that day. Happy to discuss further with more detail. I am sure someone else here may have soon this mod as already...

Get back to you soon on the movie...
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #49
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Hi Matt

The max drive is 1TB not 1GB.

I am having a movie ripped and tested today and will get back to you.

Are you looking for a weather existent HDMI to install?
In my quick research I don't see an outdoor port or wall plate, but there are plenty of HDMI wall plates that would make in installation look clean. I would say, depending on where you are installing the TV or if you simply want HDMI available outside so you can have a TV outside may determine if you want a location specific wall plate (where you still need to connect a cable between the plate and the TV or whether you may want a cable storage area where one side is already connected and the other can be pulled to where you setup the TV that day. Happy to discuss further with more detail. I am sure someone else here may have soon this mod as already...

Get back to you soon on the movie...
@Bob Fields,

Your test of a ripped BluRay MP4 would determine if I get a new TV or not. Also, seeing how the IRV33 acts is also another determination. Backup plan is to get a Samsung Smart 24 inch with built in WiFi, and connect to my HooToo Portable Router/WAP/Media Server that acts as a DNLA server to whatever is in the USB port.

As for the outside HDMI, I figure get a rectangular passthru HDMI outlet and get a rectangular weather cover, as you would have on a GFCI. That should work, as long as I figure out how to prop the cover when in use. Not sure if the HDMI would like the pressure.

As a backup and maybe a better thought, Wireless HDMI is starting to come around. Also, HDMI over Cat5/6. Other possibilities.
Locomotive Engineer
Old 04-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #50

My 5th radio was also rejected by the dealer. I received some information from forest River that actually helped. I pasted it below.

iRV66 Service bulletin 3/22/15
When using the radio HDMI inputs. R- HDMI1, R-HDM2 and F-HDMI. The radio audio may not function properly. Example no dialog while watching a device with 5.1 setting. IF this occurs please follow the steps below.
1. Insert a disc to the iRV66 radio and access the menu setting. This menu will only be visible by the DVD/CD function and viewed through the TV screen.
2. Select the “VIDEO” button located next to the “VOLUME” down button of the radio remote.
3. Select the “speaker icon” and choose DOWNMIX.
4. Select VSS “Virtual surround sound” instead of 5.1

This will solve many audio problems pertaining to Dolby 5.1 audio issues. Some audio device may not function properly when using external portable players, due to being unsupported.
CJhstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #51

I tried this on my iRV 66 and did not see any difference. This radio needs help. I really want it to work with all it's features including bluetooth and an Iphone app. It would be great if it all worked. It's basically a POS but I'm not giving up yet. Maybe soon it will be fixed!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #52

Tried it today also. No luck.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #53
Owner - RVtronics

Hi Matt

My team's test of the USB playback has bad news and good news. The bad news is the MP4 playback was not up to standards and we are communicating with the factory team to resolve.

The GOOD NEWS is the USB Drive play back was able to play full length movies in AVI format (which is currently not listed as supported format). It is my understanding that the AVI format is widely available and easily converted to.

If you have movies in AVI already, you are good to go. If you have MP4 movies, there are a multitude of free MP4 to AVI converters you could utilize. I will get back to you when we have an answer on direct MP4 playback.

Here is a link to a great short article explaining video formats on real.com

Also, many folks have laptops with built in HDMI video output. If you have one of these, you can use an HDMI cable to connect directly to the faceplate of the iRV66 & iRV33 for playback through the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
@Bob Fields,

Your test of a ripped BluRay MP4 would determine if I get a new TV or not. Also, seeing how the IRV33 acts is also another determination. Backup plan is to get a Samsung Smart 24 inch with built in WiFi, and connect to my HooToo Portable Router/WAP/Media Server that acts as a DNLA server to whatever is in the USB port.

As for the outside HDMI, I figure get a rectangular passthru HDMI outlet and get a rectangular weather cover, as you would have on a GFCI. That should work, as long as I figure out how to prop the cover when in use. Not sure if the HDMI would like the pressure.

As a backup and maybe a better thought, Wireless HDMI is starting to come around. Also, HDMI over Cat5/6. Other possibilities.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #54
Owner - RVtronics

This service bulletin is for a separate issue that affects only a few use case scenarios. This will not resolve the low level sound volume issue some of you are experiencing (this issue is resolved by a current model replacement).

Both issues are resolved on a going forward basis although due to the nature of RV distribution, there may still be units in the field and awaiting purchase or delivery that will need to have the units replaced.

Even though I do not work for either the factory or suppliers, I would invite any and all with iRV, Concertone or Genesis models with issues to give me a call to discuss and help identify how to resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJhstn View Post
My 5th radio was also rejected by the dealer. I received some information from forest River that actually helped. I pasted it below.

iRV66 Service bulletin 3/22/15
When using the radio HDMI inputs. R- HDMI1, R-HDM2 and F-HDMI. The radio audio may not function properly. Example no dialog while watching a device with 5.1 setting. IF this occurs please follow the steps below.
1. Insert a disc to the iRV66 radio and access the menu setting. This menu will only be visible by the DVD/CD function and viewed through the TV screen.
2. Select the “VIDEO” button located next to the “VOLUME” down button of the radio remote.
3. Select the “speaker icon” and choose DOWNMIX.
4. Select VSS “Virtual surround sound” instead of 5.1

This will solve many audio problems pertaining to Dolby 5.1 audio issues. Some audio device may not function properly when using external portable players, due to being unsupported.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 AM   #55
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Hi Matt

My team's test of the USB playback has bad news and good news. The bad news is the MP4 playback was not up to standards and we are communicating with the factory team to resolve.

The GOOD NEWS is the USB Drive play back was able to play full length movies in AVI format (which is currently not listed as supported format). It is my understanding that the AVI format is widely available and easily converted to.

If you have movies in AVI already, you are good to go. If you have MP4 movies, there are a multitude of free MP4 to AVI converters you could utilize. I will get back to you when we have an answer on direct MP4 playback.

Here is a link to a great short article explaining video formats on real.com

Also, many folks have laptops with built in HDMI video output. If you have one of these, you can use an HDMI cable to connect directly to the faceplate of the iRV66 & iRV33 for playback through the system.
Bob, good ti know about he MP4 issues. I may go back to my origional plan to swap out the TV right away with a Samaung Smart TV and my pocket router as a dnla server. Thanks for the effort.
Locomotive Engineer
Old 04-11-2015, 06:18 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Bob, good ti know about he MP4 issues. I may go back to my origional plan to swap out the TV right away with a Samaung Smart TV and my pocket router as a dnla server. Thanks for the effort.
Great idea. I love my Samsung SMART TV at home. The app concept on the TV is awesome. My only question would be finding WIFI with enough speed to deliver content.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #57
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Great idea. I love my Samsung SMART TV at home. The app concept on the TV is awesome. My only question would be finding WIFI with enough speed to deliver content.
I have a HooToo pocket router Amazon.com: HooToo TripMate Nano Wireless N Pocket Travel Router: Computers & Accessories and rip my BluRays and DVDs in to MP4 using Leawo Software Best Video Converters, Blu-ray/DVD Software, Utilities Tools | Leawo Software (I have the total media package). Connect the TV to the Mini Router, and using a USB Memory Stick (256GB) or Hard Drive (2GB) connected to it, I can stream to the TV either inside or outside. I have NOT tested it 100%, but in quick tests, it appears to work with another Smart TV I have. Note: I am thinking of getting the Vizio now, to match the Vizio 70 inch we just got for the living room to replace the ancient rear projection that totally died)\
Locomotive Engineer
Old 04-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #58

I just bought a micro lite that has the iRV33 and have experienced the "phantom" on symptom that was mentioned in one of the earlier posts. I thought it was because I downloaded the iRV remote app on my iphone but have not had an opportunity to troubleshoot to see if that in fact was the problem. The problem is when I go to power the unit off with the iRV33 power button it switched modes instead of powering off making it impossible to power off. Also, one of the posts mentioned that you can plug in your computer via the HDMI cable...mine does not seem to work utilizing this set-up. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing these symptom.
jbja04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #59

radio issues

My wife and I just purchased a new Rockwood Ultra V and are on our second radio IV66 with varying problems. I have talked with other Rockwood owners and the problems seem to be near 100%. Supposedly the radio manufacturer has the firmware update to solve the problem but I am not holding my breath at this point. Forrest River Rockwood's warranty administrator is Roger Biler 574-642-8931.
Bdraughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #60

Progress!

I was contacted by Nelson Arzadon from QAV Patrick industries 574-970-8348. They are the supplier for the IRV66. It was rushed into production because the primary supplier suddenly closed. It seams he was just made aware of the troubles last week. I think he is working hard to resolve complaints quickly.

Mr. Arzadon is sending me a new and tested IRV66 directly. I should have it Ina couple days.
CJhstn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio