Old 04-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #61

I RV radio

Just received a replacement radio from the dealer today. Installed it and had the same problem of being way to loud. Also when playing a DVD there is considerable static. Will be calling tomorrow. Talk about a lack of quality control!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #62

Sounds promising. Should everybody with problems contact Nelson or should we go through our dealer and Forest River. Hard to believe they just found out about the problem when there has been problems reported here for months.

2014 Coachmen Catalina 253 RKS
2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3

74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #63

We picked up our new Rockwood 8244WS 5th wheel two weeks ago and just got home last night. Our trailer was ordered in February, arrived at the dealer's lot three weeks ago, and we picked it up a week later. So, it did not sit on a dealer's lot for months--it is brand new and just off the assembly line in March.

It has exactly the same problem with the iRV 66 radio volume control. The only way we were able to endure using the excessive volume on our trip was to listen to the bedroom speakers while sitting in the living room. Otherwise, we would have missed the final game of the Final Four because the volume is so loud it would have deafened us to use the living room speakers. We also used it with the HDMI cable to play a video from our laptop, but could do it only by using the speakers on the TV and not the radio.

After seeing this thread, I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and probably Forest River the day after. Thanks to those who have posted the contact names and phone numbers.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel; 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 CC-SB 6.7L CTD
Sold: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #64

Spoke with Nelson of Patrick Industries. Extremely pleasant and referred me to Todd in warranty. They will be sending out a confirmed good unit today. Fingers crossed but so far was very pleased with their response .
Old 04-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #65

I RV radio

Let us know if the new units shipped directly to you work.

2015 Flagstaff 26RLWS
2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #66

Anyone have an email address to Nelson or anyone or do I need to call them? Having the same problems as everyone else.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #67

Nelson Arzadon email is arzadonn@patrickind.com

He is a big help. He tested a radio for 5 hours and has shipped it to me. I should have it tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #68

My dealer is terrible so Mark Akins makins@forestriverinc.com referred me to Nelson. Once Forest River confirms your warranty, then I think Nelson can help.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #69

I received "Nelson's" IRV66 tonight and installed it. I checked it for about 45 minutes and I am happy with it. I will run it longer this weekend so I can be sure. I have good volume control on all inputs and sources. The actual radio is a little louder than the rest of the source choices, but not something I would have noticed before all this drama. Nelson called me at work today and told me there is some other change coming to the IRV66 and 33. He did not have any more information than that. He didn't know if the change was going to be applied with a USB device or something more complicated. He expects to have more information sometime on Monday. Anyway, they will have a hard time getting this one back from me.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:42 AM   #70

I am on my third set of the Irv 33 and Irv 66. I received replacements from FR last night and installed the both. I am very happy with the Irv 33 bit not the Irv 66. The volume on the 66 is way to loud. On the lowest setting it seams like its blaring.

Tags
radio