Old 04-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #71

x2 The factory rep is supposed to be there next week.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #72

I have contacted Nelson Arzadon with Quest Audio Video. He pointed me in the direction of Todd Eash 574-970-8287. When speaking with Todd this morning he says that they are replacing the ones that have a volume issue. He is sending me one out earlier next week. Hope its one I will keep. This will be my forth IRV 66. I also explained that I having an issue with receiving audio when playing a dvd. Has anybody else had this issue? Todd said it the first he has heard of it, possible amp failure. He asked once I receive the replacement and still have issues to give him a call and trouble shoot over the phone.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #73
Engineer of Crazy Train

@Bob Fields,

Looks like the Vizio TV can not stream MP4s either, so either way, I am converting to AVIs. I am still hoping to pick up my new unit in the next 72 hours. Waiting for the check from the bank.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #74
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Interesting - Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
@Bob Fields,

Looks like the Vizio TV can not stream MP4s either, so either way, I am converting to AVIs. I am still hoping to pick up my new unit in the next 72 hours. Waiting for the check from the bank.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
. . . . I also explained that I having an issue with receiving audio when playing a dvd. Has anybody else had this issue? Todd said it the first he has heard of it, possible amp failure. He asked once I receive the replacement and still have issues to give him a call and trouble shoot over the phone.
I got a set of instructions for a similar problem from my dealer last Friday. I tried the fix yesterday and it had no effect on my iRV 66 radio volume problem. But it might work for your DVD audio problem.

Instructions were for "iRV66 Service Bulletin 3/22/15" as follows:

"When using the radio HDMI inputs R-HDMI1, R-HDMI2, AND F-HDMI. The radio audio may not function properly. Example no dialog while watching a device with 5.1 setting. IF this occurs please follow the steps below.

1. Insert a disc to the iRV66 radio and access the menu setting. This menu will only be visible by the DVD/CD function and viewed through the TV screen.

2. Select the VIDEO button located next to the VOLUME down button of the radio remote.

3. Select the SPEAKER icon and choose DOWNMIX.

4. Select VSS (Virtual surround sound) instead of 5.1.

This will solve many audio problems pertaining to Dolby 5.1 audio issues. Some audio device may not function properly when using external portable players, due to being unsupported."

It might be worth a try if your new unit has the same problem. Good luck!

PS: My remote's MENU button doesn't work at all. I followed the above instructions using the remote's SETUP button.

New: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
2015 Ram 2500 CC-SB 6.7L Cummins turbodiesel 4x4
Sold: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanrgs View Post
We picked up our new Rockwood 8244WS 5th wheel two weeks ago and just got home last night. Our trailer was ordered in February, arrived at the dealer's lot three weeks ago, and we picked it up a week later. So, it did not sit on a dealer's lot for months--it is brand new and just off the assembly line in March.

It has exactly the same problem with the iRV 66 radio volume control. The only way we were able to endure using the excessive volume on our trip was to listen to the bedroom speakers while sitting in the living room. Otherwise, we would have missed the final game of the Final Four because the volume is so loud it would have deafened us to use the living room speakers. We also used it with the HDMI cable to play a video from our laptop, but could do it only by using the speakers on the TV and not the radio.

After seeing this thread, I will be calling the dealer tomorrow and probably Forest River the day after. Thanks to those who have posted the contact names and phone numbers.

We ordered a V-Lite 30WRLIKS in Feb. and I encountered this problem the first weekend out (April 11th).
I blew it off as not knowing the unit and just needed to read a owner's manual.
This past weekend we did the exact thing....turn on the bedroom to listen in the living area.
Glad I found this thread.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #77

The manufacturer of the iRV radio is sending me a new radio. Hopefully this one will work. They seem extremely helpful and wanting to get this fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
94 nights camped in 2014, 47 nights in 2013,
28 nights in 2012
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
Anybody have problems with the I RV radio. The speakers cut in and out like a bad connection. I have double check connections. I believe the unit its self is bad. Just wondering if anybody else has ran into this.

We purchased a new 2015 Rockwood. First trip out, the radio level would not work below level 6. The DVD player was not working correctly and the sound cut in and out. The dealer FunTown has ordered a new radio. I can only cross my fingers that it's a good unit. We've been waiting over a month.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #79
Engineer of Crazy Train

@Bob fields, 2 things. 1) It does not read my 256GB memory stick. It is formatted NTSF due to AVI file sizes. 2) Where can I find install manual. I may want to change some things.

So far, mine seems to work decent.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #80

I RV radio

I received my replacement unit today from Nelson at Patrick and installed it. I'm happy to report that it works perfectly and I can't express enough how well I was treated by everyone involved. My dealer tried first and then I was able to talk directly with Patrick. Also originally I had left a message with Rockwood and received a return call promptly.

Tags
radio