Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #1

Icemaker install?

Anyone installed an Icemaker into the whirlpool refrigs' yet? I am thinking about installing one in my Hemi 286RL. any gotcha's or tips, help appreciated.

Robb
MORobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I installed one in my freezer drawer and it's a piece of cake! Takes a screwdriver and about 5 minutes.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:48 AM   #3

I realize that the actual install of the ice-maker in the freezer is really easy. I was looking for information about running the water line, location of the solenoid and wiring. My Frig is in a slide.

Anyone completed this?

Robb
MORobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #4

Done it multiple times (always on top freezer units.) There is a single Whirlpool kit for pretty much every one of their units. If you aren't replacing a broken unit make sure you get the full kit with hoses, solenoid valve and icemaker. Should be between $50 and $100) You need access to the rear of the reefer and will need to install the solenoid valve to existing wiring and run a 1/4" nylon line up the back to the freezer section. There might already be a plastic fitting inserted in the back of the reefer for the hose to connect to.

Then you need to attach the 1/4" supply line to the other side of the solenoid valve.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORobb View Post
I realize that the actual install of the ice-maker in the freezer is really easy. I was looking for information about running the water line, location of the solenoid and wiring. My Frig is in a slide.

Anyone completed this?

Robb
I see, mine already had the door water and ice but I wanted the freezer ice maker as well. That is what I thought you were talking about. Definitely would be a little more work without having the existing water line to the fridge.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote