Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #11

I think John & Deb & Bill Are on the same page I am, look My Amp in my great room, in 6 years has had to be fixed once. It was made in China . I'm not saying everything made in China Junk ,but it seems like a lot of it is. back in the 60's my Dad gave me a RCA Victor B&W TV for my first apartment Very used at the time I had Had that darn TV for 30 years + or - ,and when I gave it away to my Brother It worked Fine. Try to get a TV today to last 5 years is Hard. Hears my Problem I need to buy a New Sound System for our KZ ,now I have a POS (Pummel Drive ) the sounds Sick and now it Broke (Ate my best CD will not give it back). Do you think I want to get a new what sould like 2 watts ,Pummel Drive for $ 140 or spend $ 500 or more on a Concetone that's only a tiny bit Better? PS Jensen will not Fit.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
Yes somethings are very cheaply made but that is becasue an american firm designed it and and set the rice they were willing to pay for each unit.
Ok, I'm sure this is a typo, but I have to laugh that we are paying them rice for China to build our products... maybe with the world economy they are getting a better deal because our dollar doesn't represent much any more.... Of course,
China must be doing something right, they have money to loan to the world.

LMAO...

Old 06-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
Ok, I'm sure this is a typo, but I have to laugh that we are paying them rice for China to build our products... maybe with the world economy they are getting a better deal because our dollar doesn't represent much any more.... Of course,
China must be doing something right, they have money to loan to the world.

LMAO...
Oh my! Yes I goofed. It should have been "price".
It is kind of funny though.

Bill
Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #14

The manufacturing companies will soon be looking for a new market to have their products made. Several years ago all manufacturing was being sent to Mexico and South America. The employees soon realized that they were producing product to send north and wanted a better way of life. They soon stated to want more money and new cars. The people in China are now seeing how the free world lives and they want their cars and a better way of life. The cost to produce the item will in crease to a point where it will not be economical to produce it there. India is becoming the new China. As consumers we want a high quality product at a low cost. That is why we have lost a lot of our manufacturing job in North America. I stated before that when I worked for Kwikset we were purchasing locks built in USA. The locks cost us $9.00 at the door. We were getting the same lock from China for $3.50 at the door (the same quality as USA built). When the locks were put side by side you could not tell the difference. As a manufacturing company where would you have your product made?

caper is offline   Reply With Quote