Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #1

INTERIOR CEILING LIGHTS conversion LED

Dove anyone reccommend LED conversion/replacement ? for interior ceiling bulbs on Salem 27 RBS currently have rb 921 wedge buld and would like to convert to LED. any part numbers or source would help.
knash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #2

If you check out this guy's auction on eBay, you'll see that its for an LED replacement for 1141/1156 bulbs (ie, not the correct bulb for you.) But I bought mine from this same guy back in the spring, and at that time he had the 921 style available, so he may have a production run planned for the 921s (I also have the Salem.) His name is Justin, good guy. Maybe send him an email and see if he has any 921s coming out. I've been very happy with the color and light output of his LEDs.

1141 / 1156 BA15s base LED Bulb, Bright, Warm White, Perfect for RVs 24SMD5050 | eBay
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I highly recommended converting to LED for the power saving and less heat. The savings on power is more important if you dry camp often. The lower temps these put out can help on those really hot days.

I'm away from my trailer but IIRC all of the interior lights in my trailer take a T10 Wedge Base LED bulb, which replaces the OEM bulb types 912 or 921 wedge base bulb in an RV.

The typical Chinese or Hong Kong Ebay bulbs are inexpensive at $2-5 per bulb but are fragile. Order a bunch and try them out. This is a good way to find if you like warm white or bright white and what level of brightness you like. Some of these LED bulbs can be too bright for certain areas in our trailer. It's personal and you will find what works best for you.

But, the better more expensive bulbs (~$15) are more reliable in my experience.

Here are some links that can help you with plenty of other information.

LED 12 volt lighting: Long term results

Interior LED Lamp Upgrade

anyone found an LED porch light bulb that preforms as well as an Incandescent

led bulbs

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote