Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #1

Interior Paneling Source?

I am planning to upgrade the DVD player in our Salem trailer. I will need to replace a panel in the entertainment system. Can anyone point to a source for this very thin, interior "wood" paneling? I am hoping for something that is a close match. Thanks!
t.simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #2

You stated "wood" paneling as if this paneling may not be real wood, just some paneling with a "wood" grained cover. OR-is it real wood paneling that is very thin? Would you have to have paneling that would match other paneling within your unit? Cabinet shops carry various shades and grain patterns of "Luan" plywood which is maybe 1/8" thick. I have used these but not for RV work. This Luan paneling is good for making new door panels in older cars where the factory used stiff carboard. Cabinet maker used this Luan for the back of cabinets when built.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #3

Hey Thurman - thanks for the reply! I can't tell if it is vinyl covered "wood" or real wood. The panel that I am going to replace is on the front of the entertainment cabinet. It is extremely thin - 1/8" is probably correct. There are similar wood parts that are used as filler panels above/below the fridge etc. Nothing large enough to be re-purposed.
t.simpson is offline   Reply With Quote