Old 03-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #1

Internet tv

I am sure this comes up quite often but for this day in age tv should be easier.
My question is if i buy a verizon jet pac and purchase a data plan i should be able to stream.From your personal experiences does any one do this is that my best options for TV. I have direct tv but that only works when you have a clear shot to the satellite.will adding data to my cell phone wotk as well as a hot spot.

BOB3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB3288 View Post
I am sure this comes up quite often but for this day in age tv should be easier.
My question is if i buy a verizon jet pac and purchase a data plan i should be able to stream.From your personal experiences does any one do this is that my best options for TV. I have direct tv but that only works when you have a clear shot to the satellite.will adding data to my cell phone wotk as well as a hot spot.
you can get unlimited data from verizon . the jet pack is limited to 15gb and then speeds get throttled back . streaming tv eats up gb's maybe for one movie to 2 here and there it's ok but not to watch any tv for any amount of time . jmho

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

MR. M makes a good point. On most Verizon plans, the “shareable” data is limited.

However, there is a single “special” Pre-Paid unlimited plan ($70/month but offers a $5/month discount for AutoPay). This plan is specifically for a hotspot/Jetpack device and does not have the 15gb limitation.

Being fulltime, all of our streaming content comes over cellular hotspot devices. I have plans that aren’t available any longer and are truly unlimited. But, they work and with a family of 4, we stream a lot of TV.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #4
Usually Confused Member

One of many threads about this:

Verizon jetpack

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote