Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #1

ipod hook up

i posted this in shamrock forum before i saw this part of forum. i have concertone zx75 and am trying to figure out ipod hook up. i hooked it up through 3.5mm aux 1 connection on front of unit, but the sound is terrible. i have an ipod touch.
any ideas

thanks
chris
chris sham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #2

Chris, waiting for reply as I have similar question. I'm gadgit knowledge deprived

2010 F-250 FX4 V-10
2010 ROCKWOOD ROO
2002 YAMAHA G19 ELEC. CART
1962 Gorgeous Wife
1-spoiled & loving dog "Rocky"
MelloDano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #3

Not sure if this will pretain to yours or not but, Apple redid the newer generation ipod and are wired differently from the older style ipod. I have a Jensen 970 in my Sierra went to hook up my ipod touch to it and couldn't get it to work so I contacted Jensen support who told me Apple redid the wiring in the newer ipods (something to do with the firewire) inside the newer ipods and was told by Jensen that they have to redo the whole radio in order for the new ipods to work, he also said Apple did this and did not tell the aftermarket radio manf. about the changes, so in short I went ahead and purchased a 2nd generation ipod nano off ebay so it would work with the radio
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #4

that makes sense, i'll try another mp3 player. i assume you are hooking it up to the front of the unit with the 3.5mm cord. i wonder if it would work using the
rca type cable that you use to hook up ipod to home stereo?
chris sham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #5

My radio has both one on the front and a seperate hookup just for ipods on the rear of the unit try both with the ipod touch none would work, with the ipod nano I just plug it into the rear of the unit all works well didn't try the one on the front when I get a chance will give it a try. But thinking it for a zip drive that has movie stored on it so you don't have to put a dvd in. Also with the Jensen 970 the tv has to be on because of the on screen menu the 970 take control of the ipod and shows all information on the tv screen. The manual that came with the radio don't go into much detail just the basics
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #6

I don't know if this will help you or not but I purchased wireless converter, it's a little larger than the Ipod, just turn your radio to 88.1 plug your Ipod into the converter and it broadcasts over that station.
VDF 1SG is offline   Reply With Quote