Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #11

I have a component cable connected to the back of the Concert tone POS and run out the side of the bulkhead then connected to an apple dock. I then use the 30 pin connector to charge the iPod through the dock. It comes as a kit through apple. Let me know if you want pics.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte View Post
USB sticks have built in software to be able to start in a drive.
No they don't. SOME have the u3 software, but that has nothing to do with "starting" the drive. Thumbdrives will behave the exact same way as a hard drive, and are seen as such by any computer, it's just an extra disk that's plugged in to the USB bus. The difference you may be thinking is that the chipsets will require specific drivers, these drivers are usually included with most modern OSes and so when a thumbdrive is plugged in, it's recognized as a "thumbdrive". It's still just an additional disk.

Quite often, USB interfaces don't have enough power to power up a hard drive spindle. That's why quite often on the small portable drives, you need two usb ports, one for power and one for data. This seems to be the case with the ZX700. Maybe I'll go try one of my fullsize 3.5" hard drives that has an A/C plug. It could also be the ZX700 doesn't have the needed drivers, in which case you'll be SOL.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
Correct, it will not play an iPod, it will however play movies (mp4), music (mp3), and pictures that are on a usb flash drive. I tried a little hard drive and it didn't have the power to drive a hard drive. If you had an external power plug for the hard drive it *may* work.

My solution is to just use one of my old style Apple TVs that has an upgraded hard drive (500GB). This allows me to store files locally on the Apple TV, I can sync it while it's parked when home, and take it all on the road with me. It hooks up through the HDMI port on the TV. (basically bypassing the crappy ZX700 )
If you bypass the ZX700 then you lose all surround sound right? And have to resort to the speakers in your TV for audio?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesb2 View Post
If you bypass the ZX700 then you lose all surround sound right? And have to resort to the speakers in your TV for audio?
No, because it plays through the TV and the TV plays through the surround sound.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #15

Ok, how does the TV audio hook up to the concertone?
Reason I'm asking is I'm ready to purchase the TV below and from what I can see it only has Digital Optical Output...will that connect to the ZX700?

Amazon.com: VIZIO E320VP 32-Inch LED LCD HDTV, Black: Electronics
Old 05-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesb2 View Post
Ok, how does the TV audio hook up to the concertone?
Reason I'm asking is I'm ready to purchase the TV below and from what I can see it only has Digital Optical Output...will that connect to the ZX700?

Amazon.com: VIZIO E320VP 32-Inch LED LCD HDTV, Black: Electronics
Composite (RYW cables)
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #17

So then this TV is not compatible with the ZX700 then?
I can't seem to find any 32" LED (not LCD) TV which even supports Composite Audio Output...any advice?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #18
Site Team - Lou

You will need a digital to analog converter box to use that TV with the concertone.

Gefen GTV-AAUD-2-DIGAUD GefenTV Analog to Digital Audio Adapter (GTV-AAUD-2-DIGAUD) - Gefen - GTV-AAUD-2-DIGAUD -

Get a digital fiber optic cable to go from the TV to the A2D converter and a pair or red/white stereo cables to connect to the concertone. The A2D converter will pass Surround Sound signals to the concertone. I use this same setup at my dad's house to amp the output of his new TV. He is hard of hearing.

The Component connection on that TV is input only.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
You will need a digital to analog converter box to use that TV with the concertone.

Gefen GTV-AAUD-2-DIGAUD GefenTV Analog to Digital Audio Adapter (GTV-AAUD-2-DIGAUD) - Gefen - GTV-AAUD-2-DIGAUD -

Get a digital fiber optic cable to go from the TV to the A2D converter and a pair or red/white stereo cables to connect to the concertone. The A2D converter will pass Surround Sound signals to the concertone. I use this same setup at my dad's house to amp the output of his new TV. He is hard of hearing.
What he said.

Quote:
The Component connection on that TV is input only.
Not to mention component is video only.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #20
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
Not to mention component is video only.
The two Red white RCA audio input for the component connection is right below the RGB RCA plugs.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote