Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #41

What a nightmare you guys have had!

In my experience with Bluetooth devices, the standard range is 30 feet, not 60 feet.

Once you pair a device it should always show up as a choice for connection until you delete it.

Not being able to connect at all usually means a defect. Happy for those who have gotten replacement panels under warranty.

Our rig has the Lippert MyRV system that uses wi-fi instead of bluetooth and has excellent range. So far, no issues after almost a year except for a generator module that wasn't keeping track of run hours. That was swapped out and is now working properly.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiewood View Post
The control panel that came with my camper is supposed to have a Bluetooth (BT) connectivity that allows one to connect it with devices such as mobile phones. With this feature working you can control the lights, awnings, slides and you can also check the tank levels from your mobile phone. The panel in my camper is not communicating with other devices. I get a “ No Relay Connected” message .

After making sure that my phone was up to date, working fine and that the App was the latest, I decided to contact iRV technologies to see if they could point me in the right direction. They referred me to QAV (Quest Audio Video) a Patrick Industries company, as they manufacture the panel.

I spoke to their Tech Manager (Nelson) who suggested a list of procedures to troubleshot the problem. We started by making sure the Bluetooth on my phone was working properly, reinstalling the App and bringing the phone a couple of inches from the panel to “pair” it for the first time. None of these worked, the panel could not be “found”, it is supposed to send out a signal that can be seen by a BT phone but not in this case, we can see the list of available Bluetooth devices including two from the camper (iRV 32 and iRV 68) that come from the bunk house radio and the main living room area.

The next step was to press the reset button located on the front of the panel. This did not help. The last step was to unplug the CAT5 cable that connects the panel to the camper (the only wire on the back of the panel). The result is the same, no communication and the “No Relay Connected” message. According to Mr. Nelson all this indicates that my panel has a bad Bluetooth chip.

THIS PANEL HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY!!!

Dealing with Camping World now.....

I recently went through the same scenario. BT with my iPhone 7 worked great for the first 11-months, then suddenly one morning it wouldn’t connect anymore. Fortunately, everything still worked manually. Contacted dealer. They sent a “new” panel that did the same thing. I contacted QAV (Todd Eash) via email. They quickly sent a new panel under warranty that did the trick. Everything’s back to normal using BT.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #43

I’m glad it worked for you !
Old 07-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJarHead View Post
I recently went through the same scenario. BT with my iPhone 7 worked great for the first 11-months, then suddenly one morning it wouldn’t connect anymore. Fortunately, everything still worked manually. Contacted dealer. They sent a “new” panel that did the same thing. I contacted QAV (Todd Eash) via email. They quickly sent a new panel under warranty that did the trick. Everything’s back to normal using BT.

Awesome. Could you share Todd’s email? I purchased the extra year warranty and would like to swap panels as well.

Did you take the panel and camper to the dealer for install? It seems like a simple swap.
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #45

I contacted QAV directly and at 7:15 this morning my customer service email was forwarded to Todd. At 11:00 Todd called and we discussed sending out a new panel. Outstanding customer service. We will see if it address the issue. He stated the panel has been updated and the major change between them is location of buttons. Like flood lights may be in a different spot on the new panel. He also confirmed its a simple swap with a cat 5 connector.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #46

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532636157.375270.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	181331
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532636262.308742.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	181332
Old 08-17-2018, 02:09 AM   #47

Good news, I installed the new panel and the app connected and allowed my phone to control all the equipment found in the app. The interesting news is today I’m trading in the Rockwood for a class A. If you’re still having issues contact Todd with QAV to get a new panel sent. The new panel worked great fir the few minutes I did get to test it. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub175 View Post
I contacted QAV directly and at 7:15 this morning my customer service email was forwarded to Todd. At 11:00 Todd called and we discussed sending out a new panel. Outstanding customer service. We will see if it address the issue. He stated the panel has been updated and the major change between them is location of buttons. Like flood lights may be in a different spot on the new panel. He also confirmed its a simple swap with a cat 5 connector.
Same here we spoke with Todd and within a few days we had the new panel delivered to our door.. Customer service gets two thumbs up
5 minute job to exchange; shut off power, 6 screws, one plug and turn power back on.

Todd explained that some of the panels were not compatible with some newer phone "chip sets".

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #49

We have this very same issue with our 2018 Flagstaff 831CLBSS. I found this thread with the search option, & it has been very helpful!

I just got off the phone with Quest Audio Video tech Nelson & then Todd. They were very helpful & Todd will have me a new control panel shipped out by UPS tomorrow. Should have it and installed by Wednesday evening.

Just wanted to let you all know that even older threads have value when it helps someone!

Thanks, Gary.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #50

Looking into this issue myself! Do you have the contact info for them? Thanks!
GLAMPER18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #51

IRV app not responding

I realize this is an older post but I would appreciate any help. Our control panel does not work and never did with the apps. We get an error message 'Relay not installed'. Does anyone have an email address for customer service at QAV or Todd Eash (hoping he still works there)? Thanks!
gkczuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, irv