Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maple Leaf Golf and CC
Posts: 40
IRV Radio Issues

I have been seeing issues with the radio by IRV and I am also having problems in my new FR 831FKBSS. I just took my first 4 day camping trip last week to work out the tiny bugs in any new TT. The unit for the most part was very good. Love the King size bed.
The Radio is cutting in and out when playing anything thru it. The radio, the TV, A DVD, or even a Bluetooth song list from my I-phone.
I was at the dealer and they said it is working normal. The FM reception is weak also. Checked all the antenna connections and all is good.

Has anybody had any luck getting this ironed out yet??
__________________

__________________
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
yetavon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: WNC
Posts: 423
We are having issues with our irv system also....
__________________

__________________
2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab
Nights camped 2017.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #3
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
What model iRV do you have?

When you say "the radio is cutting in and out" is it only at low or high volume or all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedozeke View Post
I have been seeing issues with the radio by IRV and I am also having problems in my new FR 831FKBSS. I just took my first 4 day camping trip last week to work out the tiny bugs in any new TT. The unit for the most part was very good. Love the King size bed.
The Radio is cutting in and out when playing anything thru it. The radio, the TV, A DVD, or even a Bluetooth song list from my I-phone.
I was at the dealer and they said it is working normal. The FM reception is weak also. Checked all the antenna connections and all is good.

Has anybody had any luck getting this ironed out yet??
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maple Leaf Golf and CC
Posts: 40
IRV 66 Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
What model iRV do you have?

When you say "the radio is cutting in and out" is it only at low or high volume or all the time?
I have a IRV 66 Radio.

It is more consistent at the lower volume levels for sure. This is actually the level it is good to listen at. Specially with the TV input going to the IRV.

The FM reception is very poor also. I get the stations to come in perfect on my truck but when I tune to the same strong station on the IRV66 it is static and poor quality. I have appointment to take it to my dealer next week to have them look at it. Dream RV in Port Myers Florida.
__________________
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
Owner - RVtronics
 
Bob Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 649
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I replied to your email...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedozeke View Post
I have a IRV 66 Radio.

It is more consistent at the lower volume levels for sure. This is actually the level it is good to listen at. Specially with the TV input going to the IRV.

The FM reception is very poor also. I get the stations to come in perfect on my truck but when I tune to the same strong station on the IRV66 it is static and poor quality. I have appointment to take it to my dealer next week to have them look at it. Dream RV in Port Myers Florida.
__________________
Bob Fields
bob@rvtronics.com
www.rvtronics.com
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maple Leaf Golf and CC
Posts: 40
IRV66 Radio

Thank You again for the fast replies and great customer service that you are providing.
I will work with Todd as you suggested.

Have a Great Day!
__________________

__________________
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
radio

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.