Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #1

irv32 hdmi front input

Anybody using a roku or other device hooked to this front hdmi port? I plugged my roku in and get a message about roku/hdlp. When I look it up it suggests a cable or device may not have the correct licensing. I replaced the cable from the irv to the tv and it is still not working. I hooked the roku directly to the tv and it works fine. I kow the issue is with the irv32 unit for sure.
tdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #2

Im ditching the rv audio entertainment and building my own. Soooooo outdated
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #3

Here's an update about the issue that I got from IRV tech.

Got an email from the engineer it has to do with copy right as well and our radio is not license to accommodate certain certifications. I was also told that if you lower the signal to 480p instead of of 4K or 1080p that it may work sorry it took so long to respond.

I have not yet tried this but will do so probably this weekend.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #4

If you're plugging into the front HDMI port to get surround sound, you might be able to do how I'm doing with my Apple TV. I currently have the HDMI out from the AppleTV going into the HDMI In on the TV (any port I think is fine), and set the IRV to HDMI-ARC. With that setup, it seems to send the audio from the TV through HDMI to the IRV, and I get surround sound. Sounds great that way, and uses the sounder and subwoofer.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #5

I was simply attempting to use a roku to watch tv. The only hdmi port for the roku is the front of the irv system unless I unplug the hdmi cable from the tv itself which while not difficult is a bit a of a pain to switch back and forth.

Tags
irv