Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #1

Irv33 radio

I have a new 2016 super v 26vfks my radio has very poor reception. Any one have a good fix?
jed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #2

There has been several problems posted on this forum with the IRV radio. I have an IRV66 that had sound problems cutting in and out. While under warranty, I called Patrick Industries 574-970-8287. They sent me a new one which I had in 5 days. I installed it, but the cd player would not work correctly, so I called them back. They sent me a new one right away which I had in 5 days. No problems since. Easy to take out and reinstall the new one. Great customer service.
Yours might be a reception problem. You might have to pull it out and make sure the antenna is connected. First remove front face by using a screw driver on the side. You should see slots to push out. Then you will see the mounting screws which you remove and then pull out the unit. You will see the antenna plug. I would check to insure that the antenna is plugged in. Or pull out and put back in. Like I said if you have any questions call Patrick Industries at the phone number listed above. Or you can return RV to the dealer for repair and hope to get it back in a few weeks. If you are returning to dealer with a punch list, just include. The first unit I had, the FM reception was not very good. So I discussed with dealer and they said where I live reception was poor. But due to sound problems cutting out (FM, AM, CD), I called Patrick Industries and the second and third unit had very good FM reception so yours may not be location. If you have another FM radio, try it near your RV and check reception.
I did not think I had a location problem because my truck radio picked up FM so good right next to TT.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:16 AM   #3

FM reception

Thanks for the info. Everything DVD, Blue tooth ect. works fine I just have little or no reception on FM. I did what you said and Cked the antenna. I unplugged and plugged it back in with no improvement. I will take it back to the dealer this fall after I am done camping. I don't want to loose the camper for a couple of weeks. Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #4

I have a question, i cannot get the setup menu to come up, also have do you change the EQ settings
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #5

Settings

I use the setting set up on the remote control. There is a setting button left side under picture button. I have not touched the EQ yet.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

Settings

Sorry I was thinking of my TV. I haven't played with the settings on the radio

Tags
irv, radio