Old 10-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #1

iRV33 Radio problem

Hi,
I just received my new 2015 233S and the first time out the Radio shuts off after anywhere from30 to 60 seconds. Actually let me clarify, the sound will stop coming out of the speakers. The screen is still lit, i can change stations, inputs, mute, volume, etc and even hear a small click/pop if i turn toggle one set of speakers. I have talked with the dealer and will schedule a repair since it is under warranty, but before I bring it in wanted to make sure it wasn't something stupid or easy to fix. I tried replacing the fuse for the radio. The manual is useless of course. It says the radio has a sleep function, but doesn't tell anything about it. (how to set it, cancel it or anything at all) I tried the factory reset by holding the power button for five seconds, no different. Also if I wait for awhile after it stops producing sound, I can turn it back on again and sound will come out of the speakers. I am not sure if it is a heating issue or something else. I can't find any info on the web for this iRV technologies radio except they are trademark by patrick industries, and manufactured by Quest Audio. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Sounds like it could be a loose speaker block plug (as the loose connection warms up it separates from the radio till it cools down), but it is most likely a failed component inside.

If you are a radio repair tech (or it is out of warranty), you could open it up and using a "cold spray" hit each component while it is malfunctioning to see which one causes the radio to start playing again.

Order that component and do a board level repair. Sometimes (depending on what failed, you can "piggyback" the part).

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pro...FSxk7AodmBgAnw

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #3

Thanks. It is under warranty so it will be going in for a repair. I just didn't want it to be something simple / stupid before bring it. I thought it could be a heating issue.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #4

We have a new 8311ss and are experiencing the same problems with our radio. Do you know what the dealer did to fix yours?
Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #5

Unfortunately, my appointment isn't until mid December. I will try to ask. I believe it is what herk said because depending on the ambient temperature the time changes for shut off. Also time changes if it cools off.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #6

Find that fuse that runs the radio-pull it and let it re-boot for 30 secs or so.Then re apply it.Don't be afraid to pull fuses to find it-you won't hurt anything.We have the same deal with our Tv when I switch the main battery off.That means a re-boot everytime-but it always works.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #7

Thanks boss hoss, but that was the first thing I did thought I fixed it and cut out like before. I even replaced the fuse just in case it was blown. Looked fine, but wouldn't work with tester.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #8

Any solution my new rock wood is doing the same thing
Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #9

No, I posted a new tread, need help or advice. I will be contacting manufacturer starting tomorrow and will not stop ringing their phone until they come up with a solution. I suggest that anybody having this issue do the same as me the more heat we put on them the faster they come up with a fix.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #10

I finally got my trailer back. Service said radio was broken and since it is under warranty, they just replaced the whole radio.

Tags
radio