Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #1

IRV66 DVD functionality query

I know there are many IRV66 threads on our forum; after reading through all that I found I did not see our specific DVD functionality issue discussed. If its already out there please direct me to the thread. Otherwise, here is the query"
Our 2016 Flagstaff Classic 832 has what I assume is an early generation of the IRV66 unit. Our sound exhibits the well-documented "no low sound" issue. But the sound is good from about level 10 up, the three zones all work fine, CD's will play after a time, and DVD's will play on the TV.
But, when we put a DVD in the slot, there is no functionality to chose between 'Play' 'Scene Selection' 'Options' 'Other'. We can only hit play and get whatever the DVD booted to when the IRV66 spun it up. Usually its 'Play' so we can watch with subtitles, in English. But no moving around it terms of advancing to the next scene or fast forward, etc. Simply 'Play'.
Before I buy one of the very few replacements that may be out there I thought I'd test whether anyone else has this specific DVD functionality problem.
Added notes: I have actually talked to the manufacturing rep for IRV, and he can organize the sale of the current IRV 36 that he said would fit the cut out. The Todd / Bob team that have offered great help in the past seems to be at reduced capacity as one of them is out with some personal needs till after the first of the year. Also, our IRV66 does hold on to CD and DVD discs till it wants to give them up. Eject is a foreign word to our unit.

Thanks for input on the DVD functionality query.
Blue Ox WDH
NWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #2

I have the 66 unit and have been able to do all you are referencing with the remote. I have not looked on the unit itself for the same ability. Are you using your remote?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #3

On my IRV unit (not sure which model) all the DVD functions show on the TV screen and if I select the "Features or Setup" menu option for the DVD I can turn off subtitles etc. THEN I hit PLAY.

That said my IRV entertainment unit is getting replaced with a simple automotive stereo and the DVD is being replaced with a dedicated "all region" player that will run off the same inverter as the TV (when off grid). TV now has it's own soundbar.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #4

DVD functionality - using Bluetooth on iPhone6

We don't have a remote for our IRV66 but do use the bluetooth app. There is no functionality for CD's of DVD's beyond play and stop on the face of the unit itself or the app. Sounds like we should expect it, so likely this unit is cactus.

Trying to decide between in kind replacement, IRV36(?) replacement, or Jensen or equal replacement. Does not seem to be any clear consensus on this forum; actually even on the web in general this seems a very unsettled topic. I contacted Forest River, and they said they do still use the IRV brand but a totally different configuration now.

Appreciate both inputs.

Larry
Blue Ox WDH
Old 12-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #5

You may want to contact patrick industries and see if they can send you a remote like mine for that unit so that you can do the things you are now limited to with the app.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 12-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #6

IRV66 remote

SeaDog, I will try again on the remote. I made one pass at that route both on the resale market as well as Patrick Inds. Since PI says they still sell that unit one would think there is a remote as well. Just not sure if its backward compatible with my ca. late 2015 unit. Thanks for the suggestion. Larry
Blue Ox WDH
Old 12-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #7

This looks exactly the same as the one with my unit give it a look.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/iRV66-iRV34...-/123034580068
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 12-14-2019, 08:35 PM   #8

Remote

I’ll call Monday see if remote available. eBay good backup. Thanks
Old 12-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I have the 66 unit and have been able to do all you are referencing with the remote. I have not looked on the unit itself for the same ability. Are you using your remote?
X2. The remote is how we access those functions.
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, irv