Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #1

IRV66 problem

On my 2014 TT I have IRV66 FM/AM/CD/DVD unit. No sound on AM/FM.
When I try to play CD, very little sound, can barely hear it. I have tried the mute button and speaker buttons to no avail. The CD player shows a picture of CD spinning and the different tracks. The FM/AM shows the different stations. Display seems to show everything working, just no sound. I tried holding power button to reset to factory. It was working good at one time. My TT is in storage next to my house. I went out today try out the TT systems. Everything worked except the IRV66 Radio. Any ideas?
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Try pulling the fuse from the panel and let it set for about a minute or so, then re-install and see if that helps. Sometimes doing a hard reset may fix it.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #3

I tried pulling the fuse, putting back in and the IRV66 sound was working. I turned the power off and then back on and no sound. I pulled fuse again and put back in and sound OK. Then turned off power and back on - no sound. I called IRV66 company and they are sending me a new unit. So we will see how that works.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:10 AM   #4

Many of us have had the same problems, the manufacturer was very easy to deal with. For examples of all the issues people have had with the IRV66 look at the "I RV radio" forum.

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:43 PM   #5

I called the manufacturer. They sent me a new IRV66 unit. The CD did not work properly and would not eject the CD. I managed to get the CD out by using a post card and pushing the eject button. I called the manufacturer back and they sent me a new one. Everything for now works great. Great people to work with. If anyone has a problem with their IRV unit call Todd Eash at Patrick Industries 574-970-8287.
Just give him the model and date of purchase. You don't need to work through the dealer. Very easy to replace - 4 screws and 4 plugs. They will send you a prepaid shipping label to ship back the old one.