Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Professional Texan
Is it the AC Unit or Thermostat or no problem at all?

Monday I took delivery of a 2013 Prime Time Tracer Executive 2640 RLS on Monday and drove directly to a nearby state park.
Mostly I have been moving things in and checking things out. All has gone very well and although it has only been a few days I’m very pleased with the trailer. But I have found one anomaly.

Here is the background:
Dometic Single Zone LCD Thermostat
Fan: Auto
Temperature Set Point: 73 degrees F
Dometic 15,000 BTU A/C Unit

I turned on the AC when the temperature inside reached about 78 degrees F and the AC unit came on with the fan on high. When it reached the set point of 73 degrees F the AC unit shut down for 15 seconds and came back and ran for exactly 60 seconds. It repeated this until I lowered the set point to 70 degrees F. The AC unit ran continuously until it reached the set point of 70 degrees F and began to cycle again, 60 seconds on, 12 to 18 seconds off.
It seems to repeat this cycling any time it reaches the set point rising or falling.

Everything on the heat side seems to work fine.

Do I have a problem? Anybody else had this “problem”?

Texas Bob
2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD2500 Z71
2013 Prime Time Tracer Executive 2640 RLS

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
That doesnt sound right to me. I haven't heard of this before so i would call my dealer and talk to a service tech i guess. Others may have more knowledge and should be along soon.
Congrats on the new camper!
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote