Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #41
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamarie View Post
We had our zx700 replaced with the Genesis 3.0. Our other unit played surround sound great on the tv. This new unit, no surround sound on tv. We do have surround sound for radio though, except the sub woofer isn't working right. Any help or thoughts about why no sound for tv? And I was able to adjust my sub woofer volume, but it still crackles real bad. Thanks for any help. Pics would be great too, if you have them.
You need to hook up a RCA cord from sound output on the T.V. to the input of the 3.0. Once hooked up, you will need to change the input mode to whichever plug you used on he 3.0.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87CrewDually

You need to hook up a RCA cord from sound output on the T.V. to the input of the 3.0. Once hooked up, you will need to change the input mode to whichever plug you used on he 3.0.
Thank you. We now have surround sound for the tv.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #43

Tv audio throught the GT-3.0

Looking for the simple connection between a Konka TV and the GT-3.0 Genesis on my new 2012 windjammer 2805. The dealer apparently removed the tv for storage and then did a half an install when replacing it. The result is I have no audio connection between the Konka & the GT-3.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
reabcelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by reabcelad View Post
Looking for the simple connection between a Konka TV and the GT-3.0 Genesis on my new 2012 windjammer 2805. The dealer apparently removed the tv for storage and then did a half an install when replacing it. The result is I have no audio connection between the Konka & the GT-3.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

There should be an RCA Cable (red & white connectors) connecting the Konka AUDIO OUTPUT to the GT3. There will also be an RCA (yellow connector) connecting the VIDEO to the TV INPUT.

If you have a GT3, you may want to consider upgrading the connections at this time a new HDMI Cable between the GT3 & the TV (upscaled 1080 picture) and use the digital audio output from the Konka to the GT3 for true surround sound for broadcast TV if available.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #45

After reading all of these comments, it appears to me that the major problem isn't with the Genesis/Concertone, but with the people doing the installations in the RVs. For example, in my 2012 Palomino Thoroughbred, the Genesis is installed in the overhead with all the wiring behind the scenes. The only places to connect to the Konka TV are on the outside of the cabinet. Power, Antenna coax connection with booster plate, TV Video out connection plate, another coax connection plate I assume is for cable. A short "GST" marked cable was supplied but no instructions on what to do with it. Very frustrating.
djellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #46

djellis, I agree with you, not only no instructions but the TV installation is terrible. Aluminum brackets screwed to a board and attached to the TV leaving no room between TV and the mounting board. Okay so lets remove the board from the wall, not so fast there because whoever mounted the TV to the board has offset it to where the screws on the left side holding the board on the wall are covered up. I am trying to setup the tailgater Dish system without wires hanging everywhere. The dealer is clueless as well about it.
Brad Codding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #47

i just got back from a trip and the genesis 3.0 they just replaced my concertone with is a POS also, it sopped right in the middle of a DVD and the whole unit froze up, only the power button worked, then i want to watch some pictures i took using the SD card and i got about see 4 or 5 pictures and tha froze up
they are the same old JUNK just a different name, i hope they just pro-rate the thing and i will buy something on my own...........getting SICK of my ROCKWOOD.

dan

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #48
Long Time Camper

I have a 2013 Sabre and it came from factory with TV able to play thru Genisis
OldDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #49

Owner of a 2014 Puma 30RKSS (delivered in 2013). The Genesis radio has been a point of contention. We could not pull in radio stations unless the unit was sitting on the floor of the trailer and not in the entertainment center. After numerous conversations with Puma, Concertone (Genesis 3.0) and the dealer, it seems the engineers at Concertone have concluded that there are to many electronics in a small space which is causing the interference to the antenna. They are asking that I try and relocate the TV power amplifier farther away from the radio and see if the problem goes away. (they replaced one radio already and found it was working properly so the issue is definitely in the trailer) I will try to move that at the end of April when we open for the season. I will also try some of these other suggestions for getting just the TV to play through the surround sound.

Happy camping everybody!
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #50
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
David 01 - Does your trailer have LED lights? There was a short period of time when the LED Lights were causing the interference and the LED Manufacturer created a solution to resolve. I imagine if the lights are off this would not be the case, but I guess it would be good to see if it is better or worse with the lights on...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote