Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Grumpy Old Member

Is the Genesis 3.0 made by Concertone?

Hiya,

Just picked up my 2012 Windjammer 3008w and found this installed.

Anyone have any thoughts?

CZ
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...2&d=1306088852
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #2

No,that's not the concertone player.
annamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamarie View Post
No,that's not the concertone player.
Hi Anne Marie,

I am not as certain as you. If you study the 690 and my device closely the display similarities and feature sets indicate the same software running in the box. Either that or the Genesis folks are doing a bang up knock off.

Either way, my unit is a well kept secret because Google knows nothing about a Genesis 3.0 RV unit.

CZ
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #4

We also have the Genesis 3.0 unit in our Rockwood 8293RKSS. Does anyone have any ideas about if you can get the audio from your TV to play through this thing?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #5

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Could that be Concertone's NEW player they just came out with ??? Bob Fields any response ????

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
We also have the Genesis 3.0 unit in our Rockwood 8293RKSS. Does anyone have any ideas about if you can get the audio from your TV to play through this thing?
Based on the pamphlet they provide, or maybe it's the manual... Anyway, there appears to be at least two paths for audio in from your television. If you have a Toshiba like mine, you have access to a Toslink digital audio output that can be shared with your Genesis to handle stereo and Surround audio that is available over the air. There also appear to be many analog audio inputs that would work, too.

When I get a rainy day I'm going to yank them both off the wall (tv and Genesis) and wire them properly. There should be an unused HDMI port on the back of the Genesis that can provide true HD to the TV set. And since the TV has two HDMI ports available, I'll drop an extension down to the cabinet below for other devices that I might want to add that support it.

According to the booklet, it even has Bluetooth connectivity to your phone for taking and making hands free phone calls as well as streaming music (if your phone supports it).

All sorts of interesting features.... But how long will it last?

CZ
Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #7

I'm betting that is the new Concertone model. That thing looks too much like the ZX700 not to be. Ewwatson received the new model from Concertone but he referred to it as as GT 3.0. You may PM him and ask for a picture. Check out post 33 in this forum.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...o-10740-4.html
phoneman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZazzara View Post
When I get a rainy day I'm going to yank them both off the wall (tv and Genesis) and wire them properly. There should be an unused HDMI port on the back of the Genesis that can provide true HD to the TV set. And since the TV has two HDMI ports available, I'll drop an extension down to the cabinet below for other devices that I might want to add that support it. CZ
When you get around to doing that, you should be able to get audio and video via the HDMI cable. Kind of surprised, but then again kinda not that it wasn't wired completely\properly. I'm sure I'll be tweaking mine the weekend we take delivery.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Based on the pamphlet they provide, or maybe it's the manual... Anyway, there appears to be at least two paths for audio in from your television. If you have a Toshiba like mine, you have access to a Toslink digital audio output that can be shared with your Genesis to handle stereo and Surround audio that is available over the air. There also appear to be many analog audio inputs that would work, too.

When I get a rainy day I'm going to yank them both off the wall (tv and Genesis) and wire them properly. There should be an unused HDMI port on the back of the Genesis that can provide true HD to the TV set. And since the TV has two HDMI ports available, I'll drop an extension down to the cabinet below for other devices that I might want to add that support it.

According to the booklet, it even has Bluetooth connectivity to your phone for taking and making hands free phone calls as well as streaming music (if your phone supports it).

CZ
So I have to pull both of these out to hook them up properly? Eeessschhh. I agree about the Bluetooth...a real nifty feature that I explored for about 10 minutes last night. Way too tired after spending a day and a half loading this puppy up with all of our gear for this weekend. Can't wait for our "shakedown" this weekend. Although I'm not a fan of camping on holiday weekends with all the "amateurs." I'm sure you know the type....mom & dad, 7 screaming kids and 10 of their friends, 4 cases of beer, heavy metal music, 2 big-as* barking dogs, etc. LOL!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #10

Quote:

CZ
I was able to sync my Blackberry with the Genesis unit last night. Very cool!! I can make and receive calls from the Genesis unit. Not a difficult process at all. I haven't investigated the surround issue any further yet. I'll keep you updated on that issue. Since we're camping this weekend, I'll have more time to devote to it.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #11

It looks exactly like the new zx800

Concertone ZX800
dschow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #12

I had a problem with the display on my ZX700 Concertone. The dealer sent it back, and I just yesterday received a new Genesis replacement. The dealer told me this is there new model. Hope to get it put back in in the next couple of days.
Michigan-traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschow View Post
It looks exactly like the new zx800

Concertone ZX800
And so it does, with the difference of saying Concertone across the top rather than Genesis.

I have my answer at this point. Now we'll have to see how it holds up.

CZ
Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #14

ChrisZazzara. Are you saying that yours says Concertone across the top? Ours says Genesis.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #15
Grumpy Old Member

No, no... Mine says Genesis as does yours. If you go to Concertone's website you will see that the very same unit is now being billed by them as the new ZX800 and it's identical to our units, with the exception of the label at the top.

CZ
Old 06-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #16

Now I understand. Thanks I will check it out. I somehow did not get a manual with mine, but Bob Fields was very quick to send a link to download one when I e-mailed him which I very much appreciate. Have you determined what advantages the new model has over the old one at this time?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #17
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-traveler View Post
Now I understand. Thanks I will check it out. I somehow did not get a manual with mine, but Bob Fields was very quick to send a link to download one when I e-mailed him which I very much appreciate. Have you determined what advantages the new model has over the old one at this time?
Well, I know for a fact that the units that say Genesis on them will be much more reliable and sound much better than the ones that say Concertone on them.

Seriously, not having had a ZX700 or 600 before this, I can only speculate at the feature set differences. My last RV had Jensen stuff and I was underwhelmed by that in a pretty big way.

But speaking of differences, I see one biggie and that's an HDMI output on the Genesis/ZX800. That might be a hint that higher res video playback is coming in the future.

CZ
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #18
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Well, I know for a fact that the units that say Genesis on them will be much more reliable and sound much better than the ones that say Concertone on them.

Seriously, not having had a ZX700 or 600 before this, I can only speculate at the feature set differences. My last RV had Jensen stuff and I was underwhelmed by that in a pretty big way.

But speaking of differences, I see one biggie and that's an HDMI output on the Genesis/ZX800. That might be a hint that higher res video playback is coming in the future.

CZ
What do you mean that Jensen was not the end all be all. All the experts in sound systems and defect rates say its the shiznit!

There have been a number of engineering changes along wth the addition of the HD video output AND you can stream music or make hands free calls from your phone/smartphone/iPhone/etc. Find that on some other 12V multimedia entertainment system...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #19
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
What do you mean that Jensen was not the end all be all. All the experts in sound systems and defect rates say its the shiznit!

There have been a number of engineering changes along wth the addition of the HD video output AND you can stream music or make hands free calls from your phone/smartphone/iPhone/etc. Find that on some other 12V multimedia entertainment system...
Hi Bob,

You know, after having a look around, you're right about the fact that Concertone (and Jensen to some extent) have carved themselves out a fairly exclusive nitch market in the RV Audio/Video world. I have been unable to locate any other competing brands that offer the ability to handle both surround sound decoding and hi def video output in a 12vdc package. While most of the car brands handle video and audio well, I haven't seen any that are doing real hd video output.

But, that's another topic...

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #20

Is the Genesis 3.0 made by Concertone?

If it stopped working then chances are it is a Concertone!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote