Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #1

Wink Jensen 32" TV "No signal"???

-We are trying to set up the 32" main tv in our 2012 Sierra 323FK TT.
-We've got power to the tv, figured out how to play a DVD, but can't get a picture of any sort from the antenna-we hooked up the short length of coax cable that was hooked up to the trailer's antenna fitting on the wall plate and the only screw-on type cable connection on the tv-still we're getting "no signal" any ideas?? Thanks!
Sierra323fk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Site Team

did you push the boost button and then do the channel search?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #3

There is NO boost button in the living room tv outlet, yes we tried the channel search, no luck, found none.
Lots of folks here locally get the "Local" channels out of orlando off of antennas in homes so we believe we should be able to get "some" stations......
Old 01-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Site Team

there should be a black button where you plug the cable into.
have never heard of any RV with a tv antenna, that doesn't have an antenna booster.
also, digital tv signals have a distance limit. if you're over 30-40 miles from the station's antenna, you won't get anything.
do you have a pic of where you plug the tv cable into?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #5

Did you get a converter? Are you connected to cable at a campground? Even with a converter someplace sou still cannot get TV.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Site Team

since the OP has a 2012, the tv has to be a digital one and shouldn't need a converter. they said they are using the antenna, not cable.
unless they're using an older tv.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #7

on my fiver You have to turn on the atennea booster in the bed room. Then turn on TV and goto the setup menu on TV and make sure that it is on Atennea input then I do a autoscan for channels. My main TV is the same as yours a 32" Jensen. So should be the same also make sure the jumper on the wall plate for sattlite is hooked to both the connections if your not using a receiver..

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #8

There is a button for antenna boost in the bedroom tv outlet, but not in the living room-Folks here with a decent antenna and either a digital converter or a digital tv get many stations off of it, so I believe we should get at least something on ours......is it possible that the antenna on our unit IS NOT digital? if so F/R is stupid.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
on my fiver You have to turn on the atennea booster in the bed room. Then turn on TV and goto the setup menu on TV and make sure that it is on Atennea input then I do a autoscan for channels. My main TV is the same as yours a 32" Jensen. So should be the same also make sure the jumper on the wall plate for sattlite is hooked to both the connections if your not using a receiver..
Onetonford: hey, Thanks for the info! we'll try that! are you saying we should somehow have a second wire from the antenna hook up? there is only 1 screw in connection on the tv itself for the coax to go to from the wall plate-we even tried the other connection thinking possibly one of them was mis marked.-we are kinda trying out all systems here in the yard before setting out for our first camping trip.

Also: Arte you by chance active on the Ford truck site? www.ford-trucks.com I see you have a 7.3 truck which is very cool, I have a late '99 F350 7.3 dually myself, if you are not already a member on there please come and join us! BTW my user name on the '99-'03 7.3 PSD forum is "SuperCab" Thanks Again!!-Rick
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #10

The boost is for all the tvs not just the bedroom. Also on my fiver there is two wall plates on the entertainment shelve possibly not the same as yours I know that on mine also to get the dvd player to work on tv it has to be on a AV input on TV so when you use the attennea you need to select the Air Atennea input.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra323fk View Post
.is it possible that the antenna on our unit IS NOT digital? if so F/R is stupid.
there is no need for a "digital" antenna! that's a marketing scam. the tv has to be digital, not the antenna.
our '07 Roo's antenna, made before the analog-to-digital tv changeover, works fine with our digital LCD tv.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
there is no need for a "digital" antenna! that's a marketing scam. the tv has to be digital, not the antenna.
our '07 Roo's antenna, made before the analog-to-digital tv changeover, works fine with our digital LCD tv.
That is true I have used a rabbit ears about (35 years old) on a home Digital TV and it works just fine The fifth wheel attennea is not digital and works OK with the boost off but you have to point it the right way with the boost on you can get most channels by just pointing in the general direction and works fine they also make a add on to the wingard to work better with Digital. But I have no problems with the way it works the way it is setup now.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
Director, FROG

Is there an "input" button on the TV remote control that lets you select TV vs Video (DVD) input, or an item on the TV menu that lets you make the same choice?

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #14

I can't remember if it does or not will have to check it out tomorrow

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
Old 01-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #15

This shouldn't be this hard to get tv reception.-lol
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
Director, FROG

The sad thing is that, once you get it working, there really isn't all that much worth watching.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
That is true I have used a rabbit ears about (35 years old) on a home Digital TV and it works just fine The fifth wheel antennae is not digital and works OK with the boost off but you have to point it the right way with the boost on you can get most channels by just pointing in the general direction and works fine they also make a add on to the wingard to work better with Digital. But I have no problems with the way it works the way it is setup now.
Boost "on" is required to get any signal from the roof antenna. This is because it also acts as a switch between the roof antenna and the cable TV input on the side of the camper.

If you are getting a TV signal with the Booster "off" and no cable hooked up you must be very close to the TV tower and picking up signal through the cable wiring in your camper.

There are several great threads here on how the TV antenna system actually works: Like this one: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ster-7037.html

and web sites that give true bearings to the station antenna towers in your area.

Like this one: Address
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wingmanGraph.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	10026  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall PLate Amp.pdf (143.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf 2452167 RV-WINGMAN.pdf (303.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf Protractor used to align TV antenna.pdf (219.7 KB, 46 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #18

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Boost "on" is required to get any signal from the roof antenna. This is because it also acts as a switch between the roof antenna and the cable TV input on the side of the camper.

If you are getting a TV signal with the Booster "off" and no cable hooked up you must be very close to the TV tower and picking up signal through the cable wiring in your camper.

There are several great threads here on how the TV antenna system actually works: Like this one: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ster-7037.html

and web sites that give true bearings to the station antenna towers in your area.

Like this one: Address
WOW!!!!! Thanks VERY much for the info!! We just got back from Wally's getting some stuff for our new Sierra 323FK TT, so as soon as we eat lunch we'll go try it again!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #19

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks folks VERY much for all the help!!!! way more than we expected!!!! we are about 175 miles south of Jax, Fl and get a Jax station crystal clear!! I think between the antenna (if there is no cable at a park) and our DVDs we'll be find for a little night time viewing! Thanks Again!!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
Director, FROG

Congratulations on your success! For the benefit of others who might have a similar problem, what did the solution turn out to be?

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com